2 people are interested
Beauty for Hospice Patients
ORGANIZATION: Kansas Palliative and Hospice Care
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Bring the beauty shop to hospice patients! Kansas Palliative and Hospice Care is searching for fabulous and dedicated volunteers to provide the beauty shop experience to our patients in their homes or nursing facility. We want our patients to feel like everyone else! Help us give them that!
ALL beauty volunteers must be licensed (cosmetology, esthetician, barber, etc.)
This can include:
- Curling and cutting hair
- Nail care
- Applying make-up
- Face shave
- Anything that makes them feel special
About Kansas Palliative and Hospice Care
6828 Silverheel St., Shawnee, KS 66226, US
Our mission is to provide the highest level of comfort and care, honoring and respecting the dignity of each individual, and enhancing the quality of living at the end of life, under the guidance of Christian principles.
- We are Midwest owned and operated. We make decisions locally. Our people live in the community we support. Our leaders and owners are actively involved in the business and are all Midwest residents.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is one of the oldest hospice providers in the State of Kansas with its approval to provide Medicare hospice services originating in 1991. We serve the entire Northeast Kansas Area, as far south as Franklin county to our northern border in Doniphan county, as west as Riley county.
- We are committed to exceeding industry standards. We recognize that each patient’s life experiences and spiritual beliefs have created a unique individual who deserves the finest care and emotional support, while honoring and respecting their needs and wishes. All while keeping care costs lower by striving to care for our patients and their caregivers at home.
- Of all the benefits available to our patients we believe the hospice benefit is the most misunderstood of them all. The benefits are incredible, the cost is negligible and yet the participation rate is low. We believe this is because of a fundamental misunderstanding of the program.
Johnson CountyShawnee, KS 66226
September 12, 2023
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We'll work with your schedule!
- Need to be professionally licensed.