10 people are interested
Administrative Support Volunteer | Marketing and Communications
10 people are interested
Lifelong removes barriers to health with relentless compassion so that no one faces illness and injustice alone.
For nearly 40 years, Lifelong has fought for marginalized communities with relentless compassion-because no one should have to battle stigma, judgment, or the devastating effects of illness alone. Our wraparound care model supports the whole person by breaking down barriers and improving access to nutritious food, stable housing, and vital health resources for people living with diabetes, HIV, kidney disease, and other life-challenging illnesses. Our community support network fills the gaps in broken systems and ensures that everyone has an equitable opportunity to thrive.
Lifelong addresses the broken systems that lead to a person’s health challenges - our wrap-around model of care helps ensure people have access to food and nutrition, housing, care and support, and other critical services to live their healthiest lives. In 2020, Lifelong served 6,000 people living with serious and life-challenging illnesses, providing more than 336,000 medically-tailored meals and nutritious groceries, along with access to housing, health care, and other basic needs.
Summary: The Administrative Support Volunteer will work with Marketing and Communications staff on creating and updating outreach materials, writing blog posts and content, creating and updating outreach materials, and working with community partners to promote Lifelong’s services, events, and campaigns.
Commitment: Five to Ten hours per week, 10 week minimum commitment
Duties and Responsibilities:
∙ Set up email marketing campaigns
∙ Pitch story ideas for the Lifelong Blog
∙ Write posts for the Lifelong Blog
∙ Research news articles about topics related to Lifelong’s programs
∙ Write and Update Outreach Materials
∙ Track analytics on social media
∙ Outreach to media outlets and community partners for event promotion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Good organizational and communication skills.
● Experience with basic web editing and/or social media posting preferred.
● Excellent relationship and rapport building, good "people skills"
● Excellent verbal and written communication
● Intermediate Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word) skills
● Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ethnic and racial diversity
● Maintains a positive working attitude.
● Accountable; is timely and consistent in communication and arriving for shifts and/or meetings, helps identify program challenges as well as possible solutions.
● Must give at least 2 weeks’ notice for vacation/ leave of absence/resignation.
● Must maintain strict adherence to client confidentiality and professionalism.
● Ages 18+
● Completed Volunteer Application
● Background Check
210 S. Lucile Street, SEATTLE, WA 98106, US
Lifelong is the leading community health organization serving people with chronic illnesses, including cancers, homebound seniors and HIV/AIDS, in Western Washington. We believe all people have a right to a roof over their head, healthy food to eat, and access to affordable healthcare. Lifelong delivers food, housing, and health services; collaborates with community organizations on the prevention and care of chronic disease; and advocates for effective HIV/ AIDS policy. Lifelong's goal is to keep people healthy. Simply put- we make health work.
When a person is living with a chronic illness and faced with financial hardships, getting healthy can be an overwhelming task. This struggle affects people in every corner of our community - from ambitious youth eager to start their lives but struggling to come to terms with their illness to seniors dealing with hunger and isolation.
Until they get back on their feet, we advocate to make sure the amazing people we serve receive what many of us take for granted - food, shelter, insurance, even human interaction.
Here's how we help:
- For people living with a chronic illness, a nutritious meal can make a huge difference in the struggle for wellness. Our FOOD program, Chicken Soup Brigade, provides nourishment to our clients through its grocery and meal program.
- When chronically ill people have a stable, safe place to live, they have a significantly better chance at improving their health. At Lifelong, we provide a variety of HOUSING options to create stable living situations for our clients.
- The HEALTH of our clients is our number one priority. We help our clients get on insurance plans so they can get the care they need. We also focus on HIV prevention and education outreach, and work hard to ensure that funding for programs is maintained at the State and Federal levels.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week