Kids back to School? Volunteer Drivers needed for single, one-way rides!
How would like to make a difference in your community? Why not drive for a non-profit organization that helps older and visually impaired people get around? Flexible hours that you choose, wonderful people, satisfaction at the end of the day. Drive for an afternoon or drive once a week for 30 minutes. Every ride helps!
Volunteers needed for all times- mornings, afternoons, weekdays and weekends! Training is provided. Must pass background check and have no at-fault accidents or moving violations in the last 3 years. ITNPortland has put safety measures in place in line with CDC guidance, and provides all drivers and riders with personal protective face coverings and sanitizer.
90 Bridge Street Suite 210, Westbrook, ME 04092, US
ITN Portland is a nonprofit, which provides rides with dignity for seniors 65 and older as well as for the visually impaired 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for any purpose within 15 miles ofPortland. We use private cars and charge affordable fees. We rely on donated cars, volunteer drivers, donations and grants to keep our rides affordable, less than the cost of a taxi. Our goal is to keep seniors safe as well as making our roads safer for all users. Our personalized arm through arm and door through door service, allows seniors to retain their independence, quality of life and their family home without having to drive themselves.
ITNPortland Transportation Service
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Available for any type of ride within the service area, with no limitations on ride purpose. Rides are provided in private automobiles by trained drivers.
- People 65 years or older; or adults with visual impairments are eligible for the service
- Rides may be booked at any time; discounts are applied for shared rides
Serves: Buxton, Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Gorham, Westbrook, North Yarmouth, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Scarborough, South Freeport, South Windham, Yarmouth
Volunteer drivers begin and finish rides from homeNot from our office90 Bridge StreetWestbrook, ME 04092
August 24, 2021
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 30 mins to 6 hours/week
- Valid license with no violations for at least 3 years, ability to help a rider to and from their house and put a wheelchair or walker in the trunk.