8am-8:30am Monday Volunteer Driver needed!
Start your week off by helping a rider get to work! It's a ten-minute ride from her house on the East End to work in the Old Port. Help our seniors keep going! This volunteer opportunity is listed for Mondays only, but our rider needs to get to work everyday! Do one day or all five-a little of your time goes a long way!
Do you have some extra time available to assist senior citizens and people with visual impairments with transportation in your community?
Do you have a senior in your life that you want to help find a transportation solution for?
ITNPortland, operating within a 15 mile radius of Portland, ME, is looking for volunteer drivers to assist seniors for all types of transportation needs- medical appointments, shopping, social visits, and other outings. Volunteers are needed for all days and times, with the largest need being for day-time, week-day volunteers.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer driver
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, a hair dressers appointment or a doctor's appointment
- You help make driving safer for everyone
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends
- You get mileage reimbursement for part of the ride and transportation credits for the rest. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders
- You receive a free annual membership for yourself and one for a friend, and the quarterly newsletter
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You'll receive training, and ITNPortland will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day's begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives - and to yours.
90 Bridge Street Suite 210, Westbrook, ME 04092, US
ITN Portland is a nonprofit, which provides rides with dignity for seniors 65 and older as well as for the visually impaired 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for any purpose within 15 miles ofPortland. We use private cars and charge affordable fees. We rely on donated cars, volunteer drivers, donations and grants to keep our rides affordable, less than the cost of a taxi. Our goal is to keep seniors safe as well as making our roads safer for all users. Our personalized arm through arm and door through door service, allows seniors to retain their independence, quality of life and their family home without having to drive themselves.
ITNPortland Transportation Service
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Available for any type of ride within the service area, with no limitations on ride purpose. Rides are provided in private automobiles by trained drivers.
- People 65 years or older; or adults with visual impairments are eligible for the service
- Rides may be booked at any time; discounts are applied for shared rides
Serves: Buxton, Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Gorham, Westbrook, North Yarmouth, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Scarborough, South Freeport, South Windham, Yarmouth
Volunteer drivers begin and finish rides from homeNot from our office90 Bridge StreetWestbrook, ME 04092
August 24, 2021
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes a week.
- No criminal history and clean driving record of at least 3 years.