Friday afternoon, 3-3:30 Volunteer driver needed
Just one quick ride to get a regular rider home from The Barron Center to the Back Cove neighborhood here in Portland, ME! Doing a little will change a lot for our rider! Plus-you can gain miles for your own Transportation Security Account. Use them later for your own rides or donate them back to our riders!
90 Bridge Street Suite 210, Westbrook, ME 04092, US
ITN Portland is a nonprofit, which provides rides with dignity for seniors 65 and older as well as for the visually impaired 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for any purpose within 15 miles ofPortland. We use private cars and charge affordable fees. We rely on donated cars, volunteer drivers, donations and grants to keep our rides affordable, less than the cost of a taxi. Our goal is to keep seniors safe as well as making our roads safer for all users. Our personalized arm through arm and door through door service, allows seniors to retain their independence, quality of life and their family home without having to drive themselves.
ITNPortland Transportation Service
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Available for any type of ride within the service area, with no limitations on ride purpose. Rides are provided in private automobiles by trained drivers.
- People 65 years or older; or adults with visual impairments are eligible for the service
- Rides may be booked at any time; discounts are applied for shared rides
Serves: Buxton, Portland, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Gorham, Westbrook, North Yarmouth, Old Orchard Beach, Saco, Scarborough, South Freeport, South Windham, Yarmouth
90 Bridge Streetend from home,not from our office.Westbrook, ME 04092
August 24, 2021
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes/week
- The ability to assist a person over 65 to and from the car.