6 people are interested
Be a SHINE Medicare Counselor (Tallahassee area)
ORGANIZATION: AREA AGENCY ON AGING FOR NORTH FLORIDA INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
SHINE! Be a ray of hope to seniors, adults with disabilities, and their caregivers, as you provide free and unbiased counseling about their Medicare choices, prescription drugs, and other health insurance matters. SHINE stands for Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders.
As a volunteer SHINE Medicare Counselor, you will serve your community by
- helping pre-enrollees understand the many confusing Medicare options available to them;
- assisting current beneficiaries to better understand the Medicare coverage they currently have;
- compare Medicare Advantage Plans and Prescriptions Drug Plans for those considering a change in their coverage;
- helping low-income individuals to apply for special benefits that could lower their monthly Medicare costs;
- educate beneficiaries how to protect themselves from Medicare fraud & abuse.
There are volunteer positions available that need your time and talents throughout our service area. Training is provided by the Florida Dept. of Elder Affairs. If you compassionate about helping those in need, enjoy learning, are outgoing, and have good computer skills, please visit https://floridashine.org or phone 866-467-4624 to learn how you can help seniors to get the most from their Medicare in Gadsden, Leon, and Wakulla counties.
About AREA AGENCY ON AGING FOR NORTH FLORIDA INC
2414 MAHAN DR, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32308, US
To enhance the quality of life for older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers through advocacy, education and support.
The Area Agency on Aging of North Florida d/b/a Advantage Aging Solutions (AAS) is a private nonprofit organization established in 1978 to address the needs and concerns of all older persons at the regional and local levels.
Funded by the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs, AAS coordinates a variety of home and community-based services through contracts with local providers in fourteen counties.
Advantage Aging Solutions acts as a starting point for information about programs and services for older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers, and is the access point for the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care Program.
AAS has highly trained specialists who help older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers access to home and community-based services which includes, home delivered meal programs, and other private or publicly funded programs.
2414 Mahan DriveTallahassee, FL 32308
July 10, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Once trained, volunteers are asked to make contact with Medicare recipients and interested inquirers within five to seven days of receiving client contact information from the Area Agency on Aging. Time commitment: 4-5 hours per week.