4 people are interested
4 people are interested
We are a non-profit organisation from the UK. All of our roles are entirely virtual and therefore roles are not limited to UK applicants. Our goal is to improve education for disadvantaged children and to increase the representation of BAME cultures in education.
About the Role
We are looking for a Website Developer that can help us to manage and design our website. The role will involve tasks such as making updates where needed, uploading media, editing text, and supporting other website editors to ensure the smooth working and aesthetic appearance of the website.
Skills You Will Need
- Experience in working with websites.
- Knowledge of WordPress and the Elementor page builder software.
- Knowledge of how plugins work and website troubleshooting.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proactivity and ability to use your initiative.
- A can do attitude and willingness to learn new things.
- An eye for detail.
What You Will Gain
- Experience in developing a website that can be listed in a portfolio.
- Opportunity to enhance your CV.
- Transferable skills.
- Contribution to a small social enterprise that aims to improve the education of disadvantaged children and increase visibility of BAME cultures in education.
Training and Support
- Induction training.
- Support and help when using our website softwares.
- Regular supervision throughout your volunteering.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
As an organisation we are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace in which all volunteers feel accepted, appreciated and supported. We value diversity and welcome all people to volunteer with us regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability and socio-economic status. We will not stand for prejudice and discrimination of any kind.
About Beards & Books
Hallam i-Labs, Sheffield, S1 2GB, GB
One of Beard’s & Book’s key social aims is to increase the representation of BAME communities in education through the use of multicultural books from its vast pop-up library, as well as several services including storytime events; a mentoring; a tuition service with a high proportion of BAME tutors; producing online educational content; book subscription boxes which we sell to the public. Our endeavours seek to encourage children to gain a deeper understanding of the diverse range of cultures that make up modern-day British society, in particular the BAME community.
Beards & Books is an educational programme designed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of children across the U.K. The organisation has expanded its curriculum over time to teach children about positive life skills with the hope of moulding students into confident, informed citizens. Currently, our curriculum covers important topics such as healthy nutrition, critical thought, and culinary skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Website Programming
- Web Design
- Software Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Security / Network Administration
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week.