4 people are interested
4 people are interested
We are a non-profit organisation from the UK. All of our roles are entirely virtual and therefore roles are not limited to UK applicants. Our goal is to improve education for disadvantaged children and to increase the representation of BAME cultures in education.
About the Role
Beards and Books offers educational services for disadvantaged children and aims to increase the representation of BAME cultures in education. One way our charity fulfills these goals is through giving presentations at educational institutions. We need somebody to research information for and draft such presentations. We are able to provide and purchase needed research resources for presentation content, such as books, journal articles, documentaries and films. The content of presentations will change greatly depending on the age of the audience, varying from primary school children to university students.
Skills You Will Need
- Good research skills, as well as the ability to selectively choose the most important and relevant information in a source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to tailor presentations based on the age of the audience.
- Ability to create engaging content.
What You Will Gain
- Experience in researching and writing, as well as creating educational presentations for children.
- Opportunity to enhance your CV.
- Transferable skills.
- Contribution to a small social enterprise that aims to improve the education of disadvantaged children and increase visibility of BAME cultures in education.
Training and Support
- You will receive induction training.
- You will receive regular supervision.
- You will have regular feedback and coaching.
- You will be given access to research resources.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
As an organisation we are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace in which all volunteers feel accepted, appreciated and supported. We value diversity and welcome all people to volunteer with us regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability and socio-economic status. We will not stand for prejudice and discrimination of any kind.
About Beards & Books
Hallam i-Labs, Sheffield, S1 2GB, GB
One of Beard’s & Book’s key social aims is to increase the representation of BAME communities in education through the use of multicultural books from its vast pop-up library, as well as several services including storytime events; a mentoring; a tuition service with a high proportion of BAME tutors; producing online educational content; book subscription boxes which we sell to the public. Our endeavours seek to encourage children to gain a deeper understanding of the diverse range of cultures that make up modern-day British society, in particular the BAME community.
Beards & Books is an educational programme designed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of children across the U.K. The organisation has expanded its curriculum over time to teach children about positive life skills with the hope of moulding students into confident, informed citizens. Currently, our curriculum covers important topics such as healthy nutrition, critical thought, and culinary skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week.