We are a non-profit organisation from the UK. All of our roles are entirely virtual and therefore roles are not limited to UK applicants. Our goal is to improve education for disadvantaged children and to increase the representation of BAME cultures in education.
About the Role
This role is all about preparing applications which will help us secure funding. Funding maintains the social enterprise and the work we do therefore it is of the utmost importance. The role includes researching, writing, editing and inputting information for applications:
- Research includes searching for funding programmes which our organisation is applicable for; they must fit in with our ethos and social values. The other form of research is looking for statistics which demonstrate the need for our services.
- Writing includes drafting up answers to questions on applications, whilst ensuring we showcase and demonstrate our aims clearly.
- Editing includes reviewing previous applications and making amendments to strengthen future applications.
- Inputting information includes putting relevant, basic information into applications i.e. address, contact numbers, emails. etc.
What You Will Gain
- Experience in writing bid proposals.
- Opportunity to enhance your CV.
- Transferable skills.
- Contribution to a small social enterprise that aims to improve the education of disadvantaged children and increase visibility of BAME cultures in education.
Training and Support
- You will be given induction training.
- You will be supervised throughout your volunteering experience.
- You will be given feedback and coaching throughout your volunteering.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
As an organisation we are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace in which all volunteers feel accepted, appreciated and supported. We value diversity and welcome all people to volunteer with us regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability and socio-economic status. We will not stand for prejudice and discrimination of any kind.
About Beards & Books
Hallam i-Labs, Sheffield, S1 2GB, GB
One of Beard’s & Book’s key social aims is to increase the representation of BAME communities in education through the use of multicultural books from its vast pop-up library, as well as several services including storytime events; a mentoring; a tuition service with a high proportion of BAME tutors; producing online educational content; book subscription boxes which we sell to the public. Our endeavours seek to encourage children to gain a deeper understanding of the diverse range of cultures that make up modern-day British society, in particular the BAME community.
Beards & Books is an educational programme designed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of children across the U.K. The organisation has expanded its curriculum over time to teach children about positive life skills with the hope of moulding students into confident, informed citizens. Currently, our curriculum covers important topics such as healthy nutrition, critical thought, and culinary skills.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours per week.