Fundraising order packing volunteer
The Central Operations Team are responsible for ensuring that any items being sent to supporters, to help them with their fundraising or awareness raising, are sent out in a timely way. This team are also responsible for ensuring that any items ordered from our online shop are processed and fulfilled.
Our team of Order Fulfilment Volunteers support the Central Operations team and are absolutely vital to the smooth running of our fundraising and awareness campaigns, as well as our online shop. Volunteers work to ensure that all merchandise, from running vests to greetings cards, is delivered on time and with care.
How can you help?
As part of this role you may get involved in any or all of the following:
- Packing and sending orders to our supporters and fundraisers taking part in events;
- Processing and fulfilling orders from our online shop;
- Keeping an eye on stock levels and replenishing stock in the packing area as needed
- Putting together information packs for our early diagnosis campaign, HeadSmart, to go to schools, opticians and healthcare professionals.
We want our supporters to have a great experience interacting with The Charity. An important part of this is ensuring that all online shop customers and fundraisers receive their orders from The Charity on time, and that orders are managed with care.
As a key part of the Central Operations Team, this volunteer role will help to ensure we maintain a great service for these supporters.
We’re looking for...
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and interests...
- Organisation, reliability and attention to detail;
- Good communication and listening skills; and
- Confidence working autonomously as well as part of a team.
We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
What can you gain from volunteering?
- You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your existing skills, while developing and learning new ones to take forward into the future.
- You’ll join a friendly, passionate, fast-paced team and develop an understanding of how an operations team at The Charity runs.
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect with other volunteers in similar roles
Time commitment and location
This role will be based at our Head Office, in Fleet, Hampshire.
We ask volunteers for a regular commitment of four hours per week. This would be within office hours and before the collection of the post each day (Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm). At the moment we are looking for volunteers who can support on either a Monday, Tuesday or a Friday.
You will receive a full induction to The Brain Tumour Charity and any specific training for the role, as well as ongoing direction and support from a team member within the Central Operations Team.
We carry out reference checks for all individuals who will be volunteering with us on a regular basis. Volunteers will also be required to complete some internal data protection documentation before commencing the role. Volunteers must be over 18.
About The Brain Tumour Charity
Hartshead House, 61-65 Victoria Road, Farnborough, Hampshire gu14 7pa, GB
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world's leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally. Committed to saving and improving lives, we're moving further, faster to help every single person affected by a brain tumour. We're set on finding new treatments, offering the highest level of support and driving urgent change. And we're doing it right now. Because we understand that when you, or someone you love, is diagnosed with a brain tumour - a cure really can't wait.
- Double survival by 2025
- Halve the harm that brain tumours have on quality of life by 2020
Our values underpin our culture, the way we do things and what we believe in. We are pioneering, passionate, collaborative and smart.
Fleet 2727 Rye CloseFleet, Hampshire United Kingdom
August 24, 2021
- Sales Process
- Facilities Management
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- We ask volunteers for a regular commitment of four hours per week. This would be within office hours and before the collection of the post each day (Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm).