14 people are interested
Business Development Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
G.R.O.W. is looking for an experienced business development professional to support the succession of our Executive Director. The main responsibility of this role is to work closely with the current Executive Director and HR Manager to create, drive and execute plans that will effectively help the organization scale and support the succession of our Executive Director. We need someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump right in. Our executive director is busy managing all aspects of the organization and we need someone who is a self-started and action oriented person. Ideally this person would have experience in nonprofits and education, but is not a requirement for this position.
This person will familiarize themselves with our core values and programs, and be able to translate this into succession strategy and execution. Our ideal candidate is someone who has working knowledge in talent outreach and fundraising for organization development needs.
- Drive all succession planning strategies for GROW’s Executive Director role
- Work closely with GROW’s leadership to define competencies and candidate profile required to undertake key responsibilities
- Ensure the execution of an evolving strategy, guide research and out of the box thinking to inform strategic direction
- Create and execute recruitment efforts with the HR Manager, including conducting outreach and identifying potential talent pools for candidates
- Equitably assess candidates against role criteria based on current and future organization objectives; develop training and procedures to ensure the current skills remain within the organization
- Create a funding model and build out a team, with HR Manager, to support fundraising efforts to secure funds for filling the Executive Director position
- Develop a holistic understanding of GROW’s mission and initiatives to identify and plan for further growth opportunities
Location: Fully remote
Hours: 5 hours per week, as needed (6 month minimum commitment)
Preferred skills or qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management (or an additional four years of relevant experience)
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in business development
- Experience driving operational plans for talent assessments, succession planning, leadership development and performance management
- Experience in corporate or non-profit fundraising or sales preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of budget preparation
- Leadership experience
- Comfortable working with nonprofit leaders and stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative, high-functioning, high-trust culture.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience using the Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
19201 Twin Oaks Lane, Sonoma, CA 95476, US
Empowering youth to design their futures through self-discovery and career awareness.
Growing Real Opportunities in the Workforce (G.R.O.W.) trains educators to empower their students to align who they are with what they want to do. GROW's curriculum does this by taking students through a fluid process of self-awareness, exploration of careers and the tools for students to be able to achieve their goals. Research has shown that programs that focus on career education and strengths-based self-assessment can help prevent dropouts and increase students’ academic performance. We reach youth at a critical time in their development, embed confidence in their ability to contribute to society, and introduce careers in emerging sectors that most youth are unaware of.
G.R.O.W.’s programs were developed to empower underserved and at-risk youth to take ownership of their education, careers, and futures. We help student identify their internal compass before starting the career preparation process. By doing so students have a clear understanding of WHERE they are headed and WHY.
Caseworkers have told us that our class has transformed students in all aspects of their lives and has deeply impacted their social-emotional development. One student commented that the class "saved her life." Another student said after taking our class he understood for the first time the importance of school and is now engaged in the classroom.
Get involved and help us touch more lives!
EmeryvilleEmeryville, CA 94608
April 4, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- 5-10 hours per week, 6 month minimum commitment