Volunteer Course Facilitator - Wednesdays
Mission and Program
With over 25 years of experience, Ventures has helped launch and grow more than 6,000 businesses since 1995. As a partner in this work, you are empowering local entrepreneurs to move out of poverty and achieve their dreams. As a result of your investment, there will be a shift in poverty, unemployment, and economic growth in our community.
Ventures provides courses in both English and Spanish on business basics, marketing, operations, sales, financial management, and packaged food. We also host monthly legal clinics and a variety of workshops on topics such as digital marketing, wholesaling, and understanding credit.Position
The Ventures volunteer class facilitator role is a unique opportunity to use your facilitation skills, paired with a passion to empower entrepreneurs to build their business in the 8-week Business Basics Course. Specifically, facilitators help clients ask questions in class and integrate the comments that people leave in the Zoom Chat box in a collaborative and judgment-free space for learning . We will need a total of 2 coaches, one English-speaking volunteer and one Spanish-speaking volunteer, to fill the volunteer facilitator role. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume by Friday, December 11th 2020.
- Attend all 8 of the business classes
- Articulate client questions and help them communicate to the instructor
- Organize the Zoom Breakout Rooms by assigning volunteer coaches with clients
- Interest in and enthusiasm for Ventures’ mission to empower low-income entrepreneurs
- Basic knowledge and/or experience that relates to entrepreneurship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to collaborate on projects and assignments
- Must be able to suspend judgment and listen deeply
- Must be patient and understanding of the many personal and systemic barriers to business ownership that our clients encounter
- You do NOT need to have a background in business to qualify for this role
This position will require an 18-hour time commitment from September - November of 2021.
- Volunteer Orientation - August 30, 6-8 PM
2100 24th Avenue S., Suite 380, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Ventures empowers individuals with limited resources and unlimited potential to improve their lives through small business ownership.
Ventures is a Seattle-based nonprofit that empowers aspiring entrepreneurs with limited resources--and unlimited potential. We provide access to business training, capital, coaching and hands-on learning opportunities for entrepreneurs.
We serve those in our community for whom traditional business development services are out of reach, with a focus on women, people of color, immigrants, and individuals with low income. Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to increase their income potential, achieve long-term financial stability, and provide for their families, and enrich their communities through small business ownership.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 23, 2021
- Wednesdays, September 22 - November 10 from 6-9 PM