31 people are interested
Program Role Model Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
We are currently recruiting for our volunteer group, Program Role Models! These role models will have an amazing opportunity to help girls develop leadership skills while they participate in activities and games, as well as help with other tasks like check in/out and snack time. We offer programming for girls in grades K-12. Programs vary from a couple hours on a weeknight to longer weekend programs from 4-6 hours. It’s easy to sign up to become a Role Model in just four steps:
1. Choose the program focus area that interests you most: Life Skills, Entrepreneurship, Outdoors or STEM.
2. Participate in a short interview with a Program Manager.
3. Attend Orientation to learn more about our Program Center and the flow of programs.
4. Pick a least 4 programs that fit your schedule.
Some of these awesome programs include things like Babysitter Bootcamp, Daisy Climbing Adventure, Money Made Fun, Rollercoaster Design, and more!
All Role Models will receive a t-shirt to wear at programs and an end-of-the-year appreciation gift.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Inc.
2300 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, US
Girl Scouts builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
The Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri are looking for men and women who are at least 18 years of age who would like to make a difference in the lives of girls. No matter what your schedule, there is a volunteer opportunity for you! Think it's a full year commitment? Think again. Schedule tight? No problem. There are endless, flexible ways to participate. Based on your expertise, skill, interests, and life experiences we will match you with the opportunities availalbe which include:
*Camp- unplug from your everyday demands and explore the great outdoors with a group of like-minded girls or come help clear a trail, paint a cabin, or build shelving for kitchens.
*Events- do you have limited availability? During half-day to three-day events, you'll interact with girls, excite their passions, and help them become their best.
*Series/Workshops- a wonderful chance to work with girls to share your passions and skills without a long term commitment.
*Troops- share the excitiement with a group of girls thoughout the school year as they earn badges, awards, go on field trips, and learn from community leaders.
*Seasonal Activities- come help girls collect personal care items for our annual April Shower's campaign, help plan an event on a committee, or come help recruit girls and adults at a recruitment event.
*Aquatics- share your passion for canoeing, kayaking, sailing, or swimming. Training is provided and time commitment is minimal.
Berges Family Girl Scout Program Center2300 Ball DriveSt Louis, MO 63146
September 15, 2023
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Youth Services
- Environmental Education
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Program Role Models are asked to help at a minimum of 4 programs during the program year (October-September). Programs range from 1.5 hours on a weeknight to 6 hours on a weekend. Shifts are sometimes available for longer programs.
- All Program Role Models will go through short interview and orientation. Most programs are located at the Berges Family Girl Scout Program Center in Maryland Heights, but some take place at our camp properties in Troy, Pevely and Labadie.