3 people are interested
Executive Assistant for the CEO of Citizen Shield
3 people are interested
Executive Assistant for Citizen Shield
We are a nationwide NGO that empowers citizens to volunteer, advocate, and lobby Congress in support of a range of social welfare causes. We provide people from across the country with the organizational tools and support they need to directly impact the lives of low and middle-income people in the US and abroad. Our current areas of impact are Economic Equality, Democracy, Environmental Protection, Public Health and COVID-19, and International Peacebuilding.
This is a volunteer opportunity with flexible start dates beginning at the end of August for the fall semester or ongoing.
This position is open to current students, recent graduates, and professionals. The assistant will be working for the President and CEO and this position is remote, applicants must be legal US residents and able to pass a background check.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Communicating with volunteers with Slack, Zoom, and emails.
* Manage the CEO’s calendar and schedule meetings and interviews
* Assisting the CEO in communications to partners and important persons
* Assisting with research on a wide range of issues
* Organizing files, filling out forms and performing other related administrative tasks.
* Potential to create your own projects based on your interest and capacity.
* Assist with writing, editing, and proofreading, internal and external documents related to grant writing, legislative initiatives, and other programs and projects
- Consistent access to high-speed internet and a laptop/computer
* Fluent in English or Native Fluency
* Responsible, reliable, and capable of working independently and at times with a team
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Must be in the U.S and able to work in EST time zone
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Zoom
* Strong communication skills
* Detailed and thorough notetaker
* Currently an undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree, preferably studying in Management, Public policy, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Writing, Business, and similar fields or have demonstrated experience in advocacy, lobbying, or activism
* Passionate about social welfare causes and improving lives through community intervention
Other Qualities We Would Love to See:
- Working with Slack, Trello, or similar project management software
* With social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Patreon)
* Social media management - Mailchimp, Hootsuite
* Experience with grant writing, fundraising, or other nonprofit management skills
* Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress
We provide letters of recommendation and flexible volunteer hours. To apply, email your resume/CV, a LinkedIn URL, how many hours per week you’re willing to commit, and why you'd like to join Citizen Shield to Secretary@CitizenShield.org
About Citizen Shield: Portland, CT (VDR2585)
Portland Area, Portland, CT 06073, US
We empower an informed free thinking public which demands and expects peace, equality, healthy & environmentally sustainable living conditions, and economic prosperity for all. Using data driven models, we provide solutions that make a long-lasting difference in the lives of low and middle class citizens in the US and abroad.
We are a new Nationwide nonprofit looking to recruit talent from all walks of life to help improve lives and advance our missions.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible hours