The Nurse Volunteer functions as part of the New Hope Medical team which provides support and care to clients facing unplanned pregnancy. The Nurse Volunteer maintains professional standards of care in conformity with the ANA Code of Ethics. The Nurse Volunteer works in conjunction with other clinic volunteers and staff to assure that clients are receiving the best medical, nursing, and psychosocial care possible within the scope of our services and reports to the Nurse Manager.
- Complies with the policies and procedures of the clinic.
- Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
- Has a sincere desire to serve abortion-vulnerable and abortion-minded women, maintaining a consistent life-affirming philosophy in every situation.
- Can maintain a professional level of service even when clients are in a variety of situations and emotional states, and understands that all are worthy of respect and of receiving the truth.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Assures that the client feels welcome upon her arrival for her pregnancy test, options counsel, or ultrasound examination.
- Performs medical tasks such as pregnancy testing and witnessing ultrasounds.
- Reinforces the humanity of the unborn child with the client.
- Provides client education according to the organization’s Policies and Procedures.
- Assures that infection control guidelines are followed.
- Completes necessary client forms and charting related to care and teaching provided.
- Enters data into appropriate computer programs.
- If fully trained and certified, may perform limited ultrasounds after approval by the Medical Director.
- Maintains adequate professional liability insurance covering volunteer work.
- Expresses full agreement with New Hope Pregnancy Care Center’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Statement of Biblical Authority, Statement of Sanctity of Human Life, Statement of Principle, and Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality.
- We expect this volunteer to be able to come for at least 4 hours once a week with a minimum commitment of one year.
- Must be an RN or LPN, appropriately licensed and in good standing. May consider CNA for certain tasks.
- At least one year of nursing experience is preferred.
- Must submit to background check: $17 cash or check to be turned in with Volunteer Application to cover this expense.
- Must have 3 References. One from Pastoral/Church Staff, and two personal references.
- Must have a teachable spirit and commit to training opportunities whenever necessary.
- Completion of Probationary Period in order to determine if both volunteer and the agency are in agreement that the volunteer is a good fit for this ministry.
- Attendance in a 1 week intensive training at a cost of $35 for materials, fees and certificate of completion. These training classes are available on a quarterly basis.
- Dress Code: Blue Scrubs and Tennis Shoes.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing the volunteer nursing staff and managing the day-to-day operations of the medical clinic. Reports to the Director of Operations, Medical Director, and CEO.
- 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About New Hope Pregnancy Care Center
353 Worth Street NW, CLEVELAND, TN 37312, US
New Hope Pregnancy Care Center empowers those affected by unplanned pregnancy in the Bradley County Carea to make life-affirming decisions by providing help, hope and accurate information through free, confidential services and community education.
New Hope Pregnancy Care Center has been providing help, hope and accurate information to those facing unplanned pregnancy in the Cleveland/Bradley County, Tennessee area for 28 years, through free pregnancy tests, crisis pregnancy coaching, pregnancy options education, encouragement, support and practical assistance. We provide this support to clients who are either facing unplanned pregnancy or need financial assistance or education in order to acquire good parenting skills and provide the material needs required to rear a healthy baby.
353 Worth Street NorthwestCleveland, TN 37311
August 23, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Data Entry
- Spiritual Healing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One 4 hour shift (min) per week
- Must be an RN or LPN, appropriately licensed and in good standing. May consider CNA for certain tasks. At least one year of nursing experience is preferred. Maintain professional standards of care in conformity with the ANA Code of Ethics.