2 people are interested
2 people are interested
AFFCB is looking for highly motivated community leaders to serve on their volunteer Board of Directors. The board currently meets one time per month for an hour and a half via Zoom.
Board members will support the work of the Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank and provide mission-based strategies and leadership. While day-to-day operations are led by Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank’s Executive Director, the Executive Director-President relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted partner to the Board President, collaboration will be expected to develop and implement Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank’s strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Collaborate on the Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assisting the Executive Director and Board President in identifying and recruiting other board members.
- Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Leading and/or serving on committees and taking on special assignments.
- Represent the Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank and act as an ambassador for the Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank.
- Attend monthly meetings and participate.
- Fundraising. Board members will consider the AFFCB a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. AFFCB expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity and/or by credibly soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals with a net donation of $1,000.00.
About AGUA FRIA FOOD AND CLOTHING BANK INC
405 E HARRISON DR, AVONDALE, AZ 85323, US
As a faith based non-profit organization, we provide hope to our Southwest Valley neighbors who are hungry or facing crisis, through quality programs that meet fundamental needs.
The Agua Fria Food and Clothing Bank provides emergency food boxes for families, daily lunches and showers for individuals without shelter, supplemental food boxes for seniors, baby care bags for children 0-12 months of age, as well as clothing and small household items to those in need in the southwest valley.
405 E Harrison DrAvondaleAvondale, AZ 85323
August 23, 2021
- Group Facilitation
- Professional Development
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 5 hours per month