Corporate Counsel/Attorney Needed - Join our Board of Directors
Simply Human Project is seeking a Corporate Legal Counsel/Risk Mitigation attorney to serve on our Board of Directors to handle all complex legal matters and projects. You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise our non profit on legal rights, duties and responsibilities. You will safeguard our reputation by ensuring that the company strictly follows law guidelines and you will provide legal advice to our Board of Directors about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity to minimize probability of exposure.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide the board by providing oversight to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Draft and administer all contracts
- Negotiate deals
- Regularly attend Board meetings
- Background, experience or knowledge in nonprofit law
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
This is a two-year MOB (Member of the Board) position with a 10-hour per month expectation.
About Simply Human Project
7720 NE HWY 99 STE D132, VANCOUVER, WA 95966, US
Simply Human Project is a homeless services NPO helping those experiencing economic disadvantage and homelessness a path to independence through a workable system of shelter, education, job opportunity and services.
The organization was founded in 2016 under Virtual Neuroscience, a corporation with the intent of developing virtual trauma (PTSD) software; it was moved to a stand alone organization in 2017 after determining assistance was needed to assist a large percentage of the homeless population who are victims of trauma stemming from childhood and adult abuse, neglect or violence.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 4, 2021
- Legal (General)
- Intellectual Property
- Tax Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Contract Negotiations
- Background Check
- This is a two-year MOB (Member of the Board) position with a 10-hour per month expectation.