13 people are interested
AUTISM - WALKATHON-VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
13 people are interested
Akhil Autism Foundation’s Fundraiser will be held on Saturday Sept 26 th 2021 in Port Reading Ave, Sewaren, NJ 07077 .
Looking for Volunteers in person and Virtual
Become walkathon ambassadors, volunteering hours, social media mentions
Volunteers needed - sorting atleast 3-4 volunteers..
Media/ PR/ Influencers
Temples/ Churches/ Other Religious
Alternate Therapies/ Lifestyle
Online/ Social Media Outreach
- Autism affects 1 in 54 children and 1 in 37 boys , 1 in 34 in NJ
- There is no early medical detection or cure for Autism.
- Autism receives less than 5% the research of many less prevalent childhood diseases.
- Autism costs a family about $60,000 a year.
- 80% of individuals with Autism are unemployed.
Akhil Autism Foundation (AAF) is a NJ-based non-profit organization whose dedicated mission is to Educate, Treat, Support, and Research Autism worldwide, especially in under-served countries such as India.Since 2008, AAF has provided critical resources to 1000 children, over 500 hours of online education, and over$50,000in donations towards autism research, professional training, and parent education. To learn more about our group programs and activities, please visit our website (www.akhilautismfoundation.org)
At AAF our goals as AWARENESS - EDUCATION - TREATMENT - RESEARCH - SUPPORT
- Our Workshops and Seminars -We identify emerging/cutting-edge treatments and therapies in the field of Autism and invite leading practitioners from all over to conduct workshops at a subsidized cost in a central location that caters to a large network of families. Furthermore we provide grants to those families that require additional financial assistance to participate in our programs.
- Our Efforts Overseas - We collaborate with organizations in developing countries (with much less access to the latest therapies and treatments) and sponsor workshops, clinics and programs such as "Treat-A-Child" (in India) to spread awareness on the latest innovations and techniques in the field of autism.
- Family Support Grants -Consultation, evaluation, treatment plan and referral services by a registered nurse and physician at AAF clinics at a subsidized cost.
- Research Grants -Our collaboration with Rutgers University and others.
- Social Skills Programs - Care For A Friend is our social skills program geared towards social acceptance of autistic children amongst their "typical" peers.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Akhil Autism Foundation
46 Harmon road, Edison, NJ 08837, US
Akhil Autism Foundation (AAF) is a NJ-based non-profit organization whose dedicated mission is to Educate, Treat, Support, and Research Autism worldwide, especially in under-served countries such as India. Since 2008, AAF has provided critical resources to 1000 children, over 500 hours of online education, and over $25,000 in donations towards autism research, professional training, and parent education. To learn more about our group programs and activities, please visit our website (www.akhilautismfoundation.org)
Programs for autism in usa and India
- Two Trained International Doctors in India
- 700 children treated in since 2008
- 100 autism awareness and detection camps in Kerala India
- 1000 children received MethylB12 shots from USA
- Library in Bangalore, Dhaka, Delhi, Kolkata
- Two onsite International workshops
- Webinars: Monthly online web based education
- MNRI: Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex integration (MNRI)
- MNRI Assessment: Individual is assessed for 32 reflexes and a home program is given
- MNRI Home program: 12 hrs of home based therapy provided
- MNRI Camp: 30 hrs of MNRI treatment provided with six different therapists working 5 day 6 hrs
- MNRI Parent workshop; 16 hrs of education for implementing the parent guide
- MNRI courses : 11 courses for professional and parents to educate and learn hands on reflex training
- RPM : Rapid Prompting Method workshop (RPM)
- MAP Consultation: A Biomedical doctor will consult a child online
- Care for friend project : A project started by kids for kids using stencil board autistic individual communicates with a typical child.
- MethlyB12 shots : compounded injections provided by USA based pharmacy for India patients
- Conference: every year to bring awareness of various educational and biomedical treatments
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 22, 2021
- People 55+