1 person is interested
Camp Good Mourning Volunteer Camp Nurse(s)
1 person is interested
- Must love working with children, teens and adults.
- Must be compassionate and dedicated to the physical and emotional well-being of Camp Good Mourning! campers and staff
- Collaborate and work well with nursing team to serve campers and staff, and to implement NY State Covid-19 guidelines for camp including:
- Use of PPE.
- Isolation protocol of sick campers.
- Cleaning of camp/sleeping areas.
- Communication with families should there be an identified positive case of Covid-19.
- Collect and review health forms prior to camp.
- Evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and illness.
- Collect medications from parents upon arrival at camp
- Ensure the implementation of medication policies and procedures for the duration of camp, including:
- Safeguarding all medications.
- Checking all documentation is correct prior to administration.
- Ensuring campers have quick accessibility to medication in an emergency.
- Provide supportive health advice to counselors and other camp staff, if requested.
- Identify health problems serious enough to require a physician’s attention.
- Prepare to work overnight/on call for campers or staff who may require medical attention or support.
- Liaising with physicians or hospital staff in an emergency situation.
- Must have high standards of health and safety.
* Stock and maintain medical and cleaning supplies prior to and after camp.
About Camp Good Mourning!
PO Box 499, Huntington, NY 11743, US
To provide a FREE overnight bereavement camp program for grieving Long Island children, ages 7 - 17, who are coping with the death of a parent and/or sibling.
Camp Good Mourning! was formed in 2018. Our goals are to support, educate, and empower Long Island children, ages 7 - 17, who are coping with the death of a parent and/or sibling.
Camp Good Mourning! provides FREE overnight weekend bereavement camp programs during the Fall and Spring seasons in a traditional summer camp setting in which children have the opportunity to:
1) share their grief story
2) identify and explore their feelings
3) learn about healthy and UNhealthy coping skills
4 how to stay connected to their loved ones even though they are no longer physically with them and
5)how to stay connected to their new friends long after camp is over
Camp Good Mourning! is proud to have the support of Sir Paul McCartney, The NY Mets, Investors Bank, the original Billy Joel Band and Long Island Music Hall of Famers -- The Lords of 52nd Street, and many more!
Multiple locations Center Moriches, NY 11934
August 22, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Camp Nurse must attend an in-person camp training at October 9-10th as well as our in-person camp at November 5-7th.
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.