561 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Simply Neuroscience
Please visit the new page to apply.
561 people are interested
Potential Simply Neuroscience volunteers have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of initiatives (here are several examples below). Please visit our website at https://www.simplyneuroscience.org/initiatives and https://www.simplyneuroscience.org/get-involved to learn more. While it is not necessary for volunteers to have previous experience with neuroscience and psychology, a passion for learning about the brain is encouraged.
- Action Potential Advising Program (virtual mentorship program): Recruit potential mentors, share program information with universities and schools, and craft mentorship group matches
- Advice Hotline: Develop a variety of guides to advise and support others interested in pursuing a career in the field of neuroscience
- Brain Resource Creation: Develop a collection of resources for motivated middle, high school, and undergraduate students interested in learning about the brain. You’ll be creating study guides, lesson plans, and other content that will introduce peers to the basics of neuroscience and psychology
- Editing: Edit a variety of neuroscience-related resources ranging from blog posts to academic articles. Ensure articles and resources are accessible to multiple audiences and scientifically accurate
- Marketing: Contribute to the completion of various marketing projects that range from social media management to advertisement creation, as well as promoting general brand awareness. Ideate and produce content for various series (e.g. Fun Fact Fridays, STEM Saturdays, Self Care Sundays, Research Features, Instagram NeuroLives)
- Translation: Translate Simply Neuroscience’s educational content and resources into multiple languages outside of English in order to bridge the language barriers. You’ll be interacting with SN’s study guides, lesson plans, and other content and working to make them accessible on the SN website in other languages
- Writing: Writers are tasked with writing in a variety of styles ranging from scholarly articles to creative works like poetry. Writers create multimedia works that are published on the blog and serve to promote a variety of topics in neuroscience, psychology, and STEM
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Simply Neuroscience
8605 Santa Monica Boulevard #86294, West Hollywood, CA 90069, US
Simply Neuroscience is an international, student-led nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering students' interdisciplinary interests in the brain, specifically through neuroscience and psychology education, outreach, and awareness. Our aim is to empower youth to engage in brain-related fields through projects and initiatives on local through global scales. Overall, we work to increase early neuroscience accessibility through connecting students with free online resources, opportunities, events, mentorship, and more.
Since our founding in May 2019, we have grown to a team of over 350 youth volunteers building a diverse array of 25 departmental initiatives, including but not limited to the Humans of Neuroscience series, Action Potential Advising Program, "The Synapse" Podcast, and Presynaptic Project. To date, we have positively impacted 50,000 students from across 50 U.S. states/territories and 119 countries through our freely accessible programming.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 20, 2024
- Mental Health
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 13
- On average, our volunteers commit 2-3 hours per week to this position.
- We accept volunteers between the ages of 13 and 30 years old inclusive. If you are outside this age range but are still interested in contributing, please contact us at email@example.com