1 person is interested
Ask the Expert Coordinator
1 person is interested
Help NAMI Clackamas Bring Informational Presentations on Mental Health to our Community!
Volunteer as our Ask the Expert Coordinator
Ask the Expert is an informational webinar series during which professionals, advocates and other NAMI experts answer questions about mental health. Presentations are held monthly for 1 hour every 2nd Tuesday and cover a wide range of topics
Currently all presentations are virtual via Zoom, but in the future, we foresee a hybrid of an in-person meeting with the presenter either being in-person or on a big screen via Zoom at the meeting location.
- Identify topics that would be of interest to our community of people who live with mental health issues or those that love someone who does.
- Find and recruit speakers who can address those topics on a monthly basis, particularly focused on special months such as Mental Health Awareness Month or Minority Mental Health Month. Speakers will need to be lined up 2 months in advance of their presentation.
- Get a write-up from the speaker in a timely manner, which at times will require writing something yourself and getting the speaker’s approval. May also involve editing the length of a speaker’s write-up and getting their approval.
- Provide the speakers with needed information regarding in-person presentations, (via email templates that will need to be updated for each presentation) or register them in Zoom and ensure they receive the link.
- Submit the write-up in a timely manner to the Outreach and Development Coordinator for our monthly newsletter.
- Highly reliable and must be able to commit to at least 6 months with an average of 4 -5 hours per month
- Strong communication and phone skills
- Willingness to make cold-calls and send emails
- Most of the emails are already in templates, and lists of previous topics and/or speakers will be provided to help with ideas
- Must have a computer, reliable internet connection and experience in internet research
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of, and willingness to download and use Dropbox
- Some knowledge of mental illness, either as someone who lives with a mental health issue or has a family member that does, or someone who works in the mental health field, is helpful, but not required
About NAMI-CC (National Alliance on Mental Illness of Clackamas County)
10202 SE 32nd Ave., Ste 501, Milwaukie, OR 97222, US
NAMI Clackamas is a grassroots organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for everyone impacted by mental health issues through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is hope, health, acceptance, and community for everyone impacted by mental illness.
A grassroots organization for and by people with mental illness, whether in themselves or a family member.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 20, 2021
- Mental Health
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months minimum Average 4 -5 hours per month
- Please read requirements and responsibilities in the position description!