Donor Specialist VISTA
The SER National Growth Project will develop resources sufficient to expand program operations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (or other high-need Texas locations), providing 400 low-income participants with educational and workforce preparation that will enable them to obtain living-wage jobs and careers.
By October 21, 2022, raise cash, grants, and/or in-kind donations that will comprise a proportional amount of the VISTA team's overall financial goal.
- Research untapped funding sources and determine the best approaches to secure support.
- Research potential funding and in-kind sources. Become familiar with different development strategies and select the best approach for each potential source.
- In collaboration with VISTA team and supervisor, develop a written profile and plan for each source and begin implementation by April 1, 2022.
- Working with the VISTA team and supervisor, identify activity options (grant writing, online fundraising, special events, email/letter campaigns, major and small donor cultivation, and in-kind contributions). a. Develop detailed execution plan for each option (who/what/where/why/when/how).
- If needed, seek consultation with expert(s) for a particular option for advice and/or training.
- With appropriate permissions, execute each individual plan to acquire support.
- A monthly living allowance of about $1,250
- Health insurance
- Child care, if needed
- Transportation reimbursement, if needed
- If applying for a federal job after successful VISTA service, VISTA alumni receive first consideration over others
- An educational award of about $6,000 -or- a one-time stipend payment of $1,800 (after successful completion of 12 months of service)
08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
VISTA assignments are full-time, M-F, for 12 months from date of service start
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About SER Jobs for Progress National, Inc.
100 E. Royal Lane, Ste. 130, Irving, TX 75039, US
The mission of SER National is to develop programs and services that contribute to the social, educational, and economic development of minority groups in America and society as a whole.
SER National's vision is to enable minority communities and other hard-to-serve populations to fully participate in America's socio-economic mainstream.
100 E. Royal Lane, Ste. 130Irving, TX 75039
August 20, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- VISTA assignments are full-time, M-F, for 12 months from start of service
- Citizen or legal resident of U.S.