Disaster Health Services Volunteer - Urgent Need - Lincoln County
Due to the current active hurricane and wildfire seasons, the American Red Cross continues to need volunteers to care for people in communities that have been struck by disaster. The Red Cross has an urgent need for Health Professional volunteers to support disaster relief efforts during the current hurricane and wildfire season as well as throughout the year.
Please consider joining us NOW - and get fully trained - before disasters strike.
Health Responder Volunteer duties/requirements include:
- Working in in alignment with your licensure to assist clients before, during, and/or after a disaster.
- Providing excellent compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a COVID environment including wearing a mask in a shelter environment (regardless of vaccination status).
- Providing hands-on healthcare including assistance with daily living and functional needs.
- Helping to replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- Health Care volunteers are needed both throughout the year support Red Cross teams responding to local disasters such as home fires, floods, and tornados - as well as temporarily during busy hurricane and wildfire season to support Red Cross Shelter client needs.
Time Commitment: Varies by time of year, size, and scope of the disaster operation.
- Year-Round Healthcare Volunteers: Flexible, on-call shifts locally
- During Hurricane/Wildfire Season:
- Local: Minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts;
- Beyond region: Minimum of 14 days working; 8 or 12 hour shifts
Requirements: Active and unencumbered licensure as a RN/LPN/LVN/APN, NP, MD, DO, PA, EMT, or Paramedic, strong relationship building and communications skills along with availability to complete self-paced online training.
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The Community of Lincoln CountyLincolnton, NC 28092
August 20, 2021
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18