WE NEED YOU!Military Hospital Clinic Lead - Fort Irwin IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW! (In-Person)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Military Hospital Clinic Lead - Fort Irwin
Provide volunteer program leadership, management and support; interact and liaise with volunteers and Red Cross management and military personnel; assist with ensuring ample volunteers to provide Red Cross services within medical treatment facilities; ensure continuity of required specialized volunteer training, placement and volunteer recognition.
This position description is for individuals serving in a leadership capacity as: Hospital/Medical/Dental/Veteranary/Medevac Clinic Leads; Volunteer/Youth/Special Events and Transportation Services Leads
* Support Red Cross mission
* Have clear understand of the MOU between Red Cross and military entity, and ensure compliance
* Assist with Red Cross volunteer orientations, in-processing and any additional orientation/training required by the military entity, ensuring volunteers meet and stay current in all requirements for their duties/responsibilities
* Ensure volunteers follow any guidelines related to uniform and immunization requirements
* Ensure volunteers maintain professionalism and follow Red Cross Code of Conduct
* Assist in recruiting and placing volunteers; ensure volunteer hours are tracked according to Red Cross policy
* Follow up with volunteers and military entities to ensure job satisfaction and/or needs of both are met
* Conduct annual and ongoing needs assessment
* Maintain an open line of communication with all volunteer leaders; maintain awareness of community events and support Red Cross participation in events
* Assist in planning and participate in volunteer recognition activities
* Maintain accurate records and reports
* Attend Advisory Council Meetings; provide program updates
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
- Additional security and health clearances may be required by medical treatment facilities in compliance with government regulations
- Familiarity with the medical facility organization and knowledge of volunteer guidelines within a medical setting
- Management and/or administrative background; Good communications skills, oral and written; good listening skills
- Ability to work well with different cultures and personality types
- Knowledge of Red Cross programs and services; knowledge of military protocol
- Ability to motivate volunteers and be attentive to their needs
- Ability to work independently and with a group; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability and interest in serving as a volunteer leader
- Basic computer skills
- Volunteer Partners: In addition to the above, have an understanding of and a commitment to (or a willingness to learn) the voluntary nature of the American Red Cross; Ability to provide counsel and support to the management teams within the Division; Knowledge of military structure and the Red Cross national and field organizations, or a willingness to learn. Knowledge and experience in the use of available resources essential to a successful and progressive Division SAF program; Negotiate with the Division SAF Director regarding other potential responsibilities
Training:We provide all the training!
* Orientation to the American Red Cross
* SAF Military 101
* SAF Overview
* Cultural Diversity
* Medical/Dental/Vet Treatment Facility training (as appropriate)
* HIPPA Training (as appropriate)
* All in-service or on-the-job training as determined by supervisor
Flexible with a normalized scheduled commitment (weekly hours may vary)
We Provide all trainings!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St. Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
October 4, 2022
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible with a normalized scheduled commitment (weekly hours may vary)
- • Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation. Note that fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final dose of vaccine.