NAIP AmeriCorps Member - Career Coach
ABOUT THE NEW AMERICAN INTEGRATION PROGRAM (NAIP)
Up to 35 NAIP members will serve a minimum of 1700 hours of service (~40 hours/week) at partner sites across Massachusetts to provide job readiness training, ESOL/civics instruction, and/or citizenship application assistance. The 2021-2022 service term will begin on September 1, 2021 until July 31, 2022. Applications to serve in 2021-2022 will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Additional requirements and responsibilities may vary by host site.ABOUT BEST
Boston Education, Skills and Training (BEST) Corp. is an independent non-profit organization focusing on the workforce development needs of the hospitality industry. We serve members of UNITE HERE Local 26 and those seeking employment in the hospitality industry. Our mission is to provide individuals the education, skills, and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.SERVICE DESCRIPTION
The NAIP Career Coach will work with the BEST Hospitality Training team to provide a high level of career coaching services, support, job placement, and job retention assistance for clients. The NAIP Career Coach will work directly with clients and perform other duties as needed.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using a structured and approved curriculum, conduct comprehensive sessions of career development training and workshops to prepare students for positions in the healthcare and hospitality industries
- Provide computer instruction to students enrolled in our job seeker program, as needed.
- Manage and participate in the selection process to screen applicants and determine program compatibility
- Manage a client caseload, maintaining appropriate level of contact with clients based on their needs and goals with timely submission of student applications in order to achieve all target outcomes
- Take a lead role in tracking and reporting coaching activities
- Maintain client files and protect confidentiality of information
- Travel at least once/month for NAIP member meetings
- Make a full-time, 11-month commitment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic demeanor
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience in data entry, tracking, and analysis.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Interest in and commitment to national and community service
- Experience working with diverse populations
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be a US Citizen, US National or Legal Permanent Resident
- Must be willing to undergo a National Service Criminal History Check, including screenings through the National Sex Offender Public Website, a name-based search of the statewide criminal history registry both in Massachusetts and your state of residence upon application to our program, and a fingerprint-based FBI check
All NAIP members will receive equal benefits, regardless of site placement:
- Upfront and ongoing training and professional development, including an opportunity to obtain a 120-hour certificate to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages
- A living stipend up to $16,500 (approx. $688 every two weeks, before taxes)
- Monthly MBTA pass or equivalent travel reimbursement, or up to $50 data/internet stipend while members are serving remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Education Award up to $6,345.00 upon completion of service
- Forbearance on eligible student loans while in service, plus payments for accrued interest upon successful completion of service
- Health insurance
- Child care assistance for qualifying individuals
NAIP does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ability, gender, secular preference, sexual orientation, marital status, age, political affiliation or religion, in accordance with the non- discrimination requirements of applicable statutes.
NAIP is committed to supporting individuals with disabilities to serve as AmeriCorps members. If you require accommodations for the application and/or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 617-350-5480 ext. 216 or 227.
About BEST Hospitality Training
101 Station Lndg #4, Medford, MA 02155, US
Our mission is to provide individuals with the education, skills, and training to excel in the hospitality industry and in their personal lives.
BEST Hospitality Training is the education provider for members of the Local 26 hotel workers union. We offer English, GED, Citizenship, and Computer classes, as well as Food Server, Room Attendant, and Culinary Training. Our students come from all over the world. We are proud of the warm, inviting atmosphere we have created here, and look forward to having more volunteers become a part of it.
450 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02210
August 18, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 11 months