Social Media Manager
If you're looking for additional work experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position; however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
***This is a volunteer position that could convert to a full-time salaried position with benefits.***
Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, Self-abuse, Spousal and Bullying.
As a Social Media Supervisor, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing efforts. You will be working closely with our other departments.
- Oversee a growing team of Social Media Coordinators and Experts.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategies to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news) working with other agencies
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics in HootSuite
- Collaborate with other teams regularly to ensure brand consistency with posts
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout) and collaborate with NED and Graphic Design Department
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications
- Work with team utilizing Asana platform and ensuring tasks/campaigns/posts that are assigned are completed by the due date
- Respond to NED’s requests in a timely fashion
- Attend weekly mandatory management meeting and schedule a weekly meeting with team to relay talking points from NED and establish your own list to discuss
- Build relationships with each team member to help them feel comfortable and included as an integral part of ARO
- Be in regular communication with NED and when things come up to communicate matters accordingly
- Be able to volunteer 25+ hours/week
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- BS degree in Marketing or relevant field
Education and Experience:
- Experience as a Social Media Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a relevant field
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our Organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 18, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- 25+ Hours/week