Secretary Board Member - Volunteer
Secretarial Board Member
Who 2nd Chances Foundation?
2nd Chances Foundation is a startup l non-profit supporting the homeless community. 2nd Chances Foundation missions is to provide families living in shelters biblical life changing resources, that will give them an opportunity to take positives steps in the right directions and make a powerful impact in their life and community. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the encouraging other, empowering people with financial literacy, and giving homeless an opportunity to have a new home and community service. If you have the -time, skills, and know-how to match - we want you as a 2nd Chances Foundation volunteer.
The board secretary is an executive member of the board of directors of the Association and is to be appointed in a manner consistent with the bylaws.
He/she is accountable to the Board and, like other members of the board, has no authority to direct staff or act on matters outside the duties outlined in their position description.
Term of Office Two years (unless otherwise determined)
Twenty - five hours month (board meetings, executive committee meeting and secretarial duties as described below)
- Experience in office administration preferred
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, confidence, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, early-stage fundraising environment.
- Strong track record of successfully adjusting plans and goals based on changing the landscape of resources, opportunities, and strategy
- Computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage
- Experience/interest in global health and or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated achievements in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated facility with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage.
The Secretary will work closely with the Chair of the Board and the CEO in the planning of board of directors and association meetings.
The secretary of the board shall be responsible for ensuring
- The creation and timely distribution of agenda for Board meetings) and Association membership meetings (e.g., annual general meeting)
- The accurate recording and distribution of the minutes of Board of Directors meetings. The minutes should reflect that the format and level of detail that the Board has determined
- The creation and maintenance of an up-to-date board planning calendar outlining matters to be on the board’s agenda over the course of a year
- Maintenance of a full contact list of board members including board member appointment dates, term of appointments and board member bios
- If the Secretary is unable to attend a meeting where minutes or notes are to be taken, it is the secretary’s responsibility to inform the Vice President.
- The updating, maintaining and safe storage of the Association’s Minute Books
and other legal documents
- Oversight of the Association’s incorporation and charitable registration status and the facilitation of all annual filings of required reports and information.
- The maintenance of a file or manual of governance policies and a systematic schedule for their review as determined by the board.
- The maintenance of an up-to-date list of members of the Association8
- The management of external correspondence and ensuring that requests made of the Board of Directors, or relevant to the governance of the Association, is reported and responded to in a timely manner.
- The accurate recording and distribution of the minutes of the Association’s Annual General Meeting is managed appropriately. In the event of a change of Secretary at an AGM, the incoming secretary will assume the responsibilities of the office at the first Directors’ meeting following his/her election or appointment. Qualifications The secretary ought to have:
- A commitment to, and a clear understanding of the mission of the organization
- At least one year of previous service on the Board
- Knowledge of the meeting procedures, decision-making rules, governance policies and the bylaws of the Association
- An adequate level of writing proficiency and access to a computer for word processing purposes
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world if they can connect reliably to the internet. We will write a letters of recommendation for anyone who perform their job successfully and complete their term.
Job Types: Full-time
Minimum commitment of 2-year commitment
- Data Entry Certification and Associate Degree/
- Or Bachelor in Business Admin (preferred)
- Remote and 15% of time onsite
Contact us info@2ndchancesfoundation No Phone Call please!
About 2nd Chances Foundation
100 Village Dr. P.O Box 1158, Mebane, NC 27302, US
2nd Chances Foundation mission will provide displaced individuals living in shelters resources given by our committed volunteers, business partnerships and generous donations; an opportunity to take positive steps in the right direction toward life.
2nd Chance Foundation, was birthed in 2013 because the Founder Andrea McFadden, loss of her dear mother and her spiritual mom. She started packaging candy, cards, roses and other personal necessities items, for the women living and working in the homeless shelter. We currently service over 400+ people in the North Carolina area. Additionally, we now give to the entire family with our unique programs. We have programs that will help individuals living in the shelter become very knowledgeable in areas like financial literacy, counseling, housing and much, much more! In 2022, we are extending our services to Florida, California, and Nevada, and hope to be in your state soon.
Multiple locations Alpharetta, GA 30004
August 18, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- All Board member Mandatory Donating