1 person is interested
Disaster Health Services Volunteer (Virtual)- Swain County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Are you a licensed medical professional? Do you want to volunteer your expertise in your community? The Red Cross needs you!
The Red Cross has an ongoing need for individuals with active and unencumbered medical licenses to serve as a Disaster Health Services volunteer. In this role, volunteers support the Disaster Action Team volunteers, responding to year-round local disasters such as home fires, floods, tornados, etc. The Disaster Health Services volunteer meets the disaster related health needs of clients in activities such as replacing durable health equipment, medication, glasses, dentures, etc.
- Disaster Health Services volunteers work virtually to meet and assist those impacted by disasters. Disaster Health Services volunteers rotate being on-call for one week (8 am to 5 pm every) every 6 weeks. Volunteers typically assist 5-10 hours/month.
Disaster Health Services Volunteer Qualifications:
- Active and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Nurse, Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy, Physician Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic, Retired RN/LPN/LVN if the state in which the license is granted allows for full scope of practice for the volunteer.
* Must meet training requirement for Disaster Health Services Service Associate (9, self-paced online training courses that take approximately 6.5 hours to complete)
Learn more and apply online at: redcross.org/volunteer Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person volunteer roles beginning January 3, 2022.
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The Community of Swain CountyBryson CityBryson City, NC 28713
October 24, 2023
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18