Volunteer - Grant Writer
- English (Preferred)
- Practical thinking
- Basic tech skills
- Being detail-oriented
- Resourcefulness as a self-motivated, tenacious researcher
- Ability to learn from rejection and persist
We need grant writers in NC, TX, GA, NV, and FL
IT IS AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER POSITION.
2nd Chances Foundation
- To perform depth research on potential fundraising sources, grant making organizations and donors at appropriate places
- To prepare and develop effective grant proposals and reports based on need of organization’s objectives
- To have broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions, and needs
- To possess essential knowledge of grant application process
- To maintain professional and cordial relation with grant coordinator
- To maintain and develop funding calendar activities
- To engage with program officers at organizations to require invitations for submission of proposals
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Min. 2-4 years’ work experience in an NGO environment; familiarity with fundraising required
- Experience in grant administration preferred
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, confidence, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, early-stage fundraising environment.
- Strong track record of successfully adjusting plans and goals based on changing the landscape of resources, opportunities, and strategy
- Computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage
- Experience/interest in global health and or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated achievements in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated facility with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage.
Who 2nd Chances Foundation?
- 2nd Chances Foundation is a startup l non-profit supporting the homeless community. 2nd Chances Foundation missions is to provide families living in shelters biblical life changing resources, that will give them an opportunity to take positives steps in the right directions and make a powerful impact in their life and community. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the encouraging other, empowering people with financial literacy, and giving homeless an opportunity to have a new home and community service. If you have the -time, skills, and know-how to match - we want you as a 2nd Chances Foundation volunteer.
Why Volunteer with Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the United States who share a common belief in improving our homeless community which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- 2nd Chances Foundation will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world if they can connect reliably to the internet.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Minimum commitment of 2-year commitment
- Associate Degree, Bachelor accepted
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
About 2nd Chances Foundation
100 Village Dr. P.O Box 1158, Mebane, NC 27302, US
2nd Chances Foundation mission will provide displaced individuals living in shelters resources given by our committed volunteers, business partnerships and generous donations; an opportunity to take positive steps in the right direction toward life.
2nd Chance Foundation, was birthed in 2013 because the Founder Andrea McFadden, loss of her dear mother and her spiritual mom. She started packaging candy, cards, roses and other personal necessities items, for the women living and working in the homeless shelter. We currently service over 400+ people in the North Carolina area. Additionally, we now give to the entire family with our unique programs. We have programs that will help individuals living in the shelter become very knowledgeable in areas like financial literacy, counseling, housing and much, much more! In 2022, we are extending our services to Florida, California, and Nevada, and hope to be in your state soon.
Multiple locations Mebane, NC 27302
August 18, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years
- About to Graduate from a Grant certification Program within the last 2 years Or Graduate school and has certification, Letters of Recommendation from at least 2 professional client and 1 sample of work