Mobile Info Team is determined to work towards a future where asylum seekers and refugees in Greece have fair access to asylum and are treated with the respect their humanity deserves. We assist families and individual asylum seekers by providing dedicated, long-term support during their asylum and family reunification cases. We research legal and political developments relevant to migrants in Greece and Europe and disseminate information through our daily hotline and Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam ). We attend community centres and refugee camps to provide up to date information on the asylum process. We also provide advocacy at different levels, including collecting testimonies on human rights abuses such as illegal push backs.
This is an excellent opportunity to help grow a well established grassroots organisation that has been providing support in (Northern) Greece for over 5 years. You will be a key contributor to the financial and strategic growth and leading the organisation’s fundraising initiatives.
What we are looking for:
A proactive, enthusiastic, strategic supporter of social justice that has experience in fundraising and communications, ideally within the humanitarian aid sector. An excellent relationship builder, compelling writer, accurate reporter and creative thinker.
- The fundraising officer plays a key role in maintaining and growing the financial stability of the organization.
- Researching and engaging new funding opportunities, developing strong relationships and writing compelling and creative grant proposals that support the strategic growth of the organisation.
- Providing transparency and keeping donors engaged in the activities carried out by the organisation through accurate and timely reporting and communications.
- Developing the external image and presence of the organisation through contributing to the social media and communications strategy.
- Research and identify new potential donors and funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids.
- Lead the writing and submission of grant applications for new and existing donors in cooperation with the Director.
- Research, collect data and and write reports to donors and partners according to their requirements and timelines.
- Contribute to the writing of the quarterly report of the organization.
- Actively maintain and build relationships with potential and existing donors.
- Maintain the Instagram account of the organization.
- Contribute to the overall communications strategy of the organization and ensure a consistent brand identity and social media presence in collaboration with the Advocacy officer.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Director and coordination team.
- Prior experience in fundraising and grant applications.
- Strong interest and affinity with humanitarian/NGO service delivery in the Greek refugee context and legal framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a very good command of English.
- Ability to design and implement reports and applications in a clear and structured manner.
- Able to work in a variable context, comfortable with unpredictability and eager to support a young and growing non-profit organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship builder both face to face as in the 'online’ context with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willing to relocate to Thessaloniki, Greece or work remotely with the ability to travel to Thessaloniki for the induction phase and key projects.
- A challenging and fulfilling work experience with a direct impact on facilitating the organisation's ability to reach and support beneficiaries and other actors involved in the refugee crisis in Greece.
- International experience in a humanitarian grassroots organisation.
- Possibility to grow within the organisation and gain responsibility in strategic development and leadership.
- Stipend and living expenses reimbursement offered.
To be able to offer continuity to the people we support, we are looking for a commitment of at least 6 months starting as soon as possible. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are able to commit for longer.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please send a CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com Please specify the dates you are available.
For more information about our organisation:
- Website: https://www.mobileinfoteam.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mobileinfoteam/
We look forward to you joining the team!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mobile Info Team
street: I. Koletti 19B, Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 54627, GR
RELIABLE INFORMATION IS SOMETIMES MORE VALUABLE THAN FOOD OR CLOTHES.
The Mobile Info Team is a group of independent volunteers providing information to asylum seekers, migrants and refugees in Northern Greece. We assist families and individual asylum seekers by providing dedicated, long-term support during their asylum and family reunification cases. We research legal and political developments relevant to migrants in Greece and Europe, and disseminate information through our daily hotline and Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/ mobileinfoteam). We advocate for refugee rights and seek to keep asylum-seekers informed on an accessible platform.
August 18, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Minimum commitment of 6 months.