The Digital Strategist is responsible for the writing, loading, and sending of supporter emails and text messages, building and maintaining petition and donation pages, and posting content to social networks. This position will assist the team in developing strategic digital fundraising campaigns. In addition, this position will assist in maintaining digital advertising programs and campaigns. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, and passionate about Democratic campaigns. This is not a traditional 9-5 role. Evening and weekend work will be expected from time to time.
* Sending digital fundraising blasts; ensuring that all messages are held to stringent standards of grammar and accuracy, that links are functioning, etc.
* Setting up signup forms and donation pages; working with the team to improve quality and increase conversion rates.
* Helping to develop innovative outreach techniques to reach our target audiences, generate media coverage, and get our message out.
* Contributing to digital fundraising (email, text messaging, etc.) copywriting process and draft daily social media content including Facebook posts and tweets.
* Peer editing digital fundraising copy for clarity, accuracy, and grammar.
* Compiling and summarizing results of analytics for websites, email campaigns, text message campaigns, and social networks.
* Executing advertising strategy on digital mobilization campaigns
* Performing other duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Knowledge of HTML and CSS -- any other coding knowledge is a major benefit.
* Photoshop/Illustrator/graphic design/video experience a plus.
* Strong writing skills and the ability to complete digital fundraising copy quickly in an ever-changing news cycle.
* Experience with Google Ads and Facebook Business Manager preferred, but not required.
* Knowledge of any CMS or CRM is beneficial (Salsa, NGP, Blue State Digital, Action Network, etc.)
* Proactively fosters an inclusive atmosphere and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
* Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways
* Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.
* Proven interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
Why You Should Work Here:
* Opportunity to contribute at a growing, dynamic national political committee working to sustain the Democratic congressional majority to advocate on issues America care about most.
* Learn, develop and hone professional skills related to running and operating multi-dimensional political campaigns and the operating systems that support the campaigns.
* Experience working with the largest Democratic battlefield, containing numerous highly competitive campaigns in diverse districts across the nation.
* Opportunities to expand your network and engage with policy makers, political candidates, Democratic Party leaders and a diverse team of professionals and colleagues.
* Gain experience in cross-team interaction and exposure to other functions and departments within US politics.
* Equity and inclusion are actively integrated into decisions made at Senior Team and Department levels with regard to hiring, contracting, and political strategy
* Professional Development programming dedicated to personal and professional growth beyond the 2022 election cycle
About Bianca For San Francisco
530 Divisadero, 458, San Francisco, CA 94117, US
To be the change we need to be.
Democratic Socialist, Bianca Von Krieg is an intelligent, educated, bi-sexual, transwoman who is feed up with Pelosi's failed leadership. #Bianca4SF #defundthepolice #TaxTheRich #WealthTax #medicareforall #Democrats #liberals #progressives #thesquad
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 17, 2021
- ERP / CRM
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Market Research
- Microsoft Office Suite