DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Exciting Volunteer Opportunity Work4Warriors Administrative Support
ORGANIZATION: Us for Warriors Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Support Warrior (Work4Warriors Program Support Assistant)
The Us4Warriors Foundation is an award-winning charity made up of a dedicated team of public servants, volunteers, programs, and services with a mission to support military, veterans, and families in need.
Volunteers for this opportunity serve as a Program Support Assistant for Us4Warriors!
Our support volunteers assist with providing customer service, typing, answering phone calls, and performing various administrative tasks. In support of the Work4Warriors Program, volunteers also conduct employment/support related research and scheduling appointments. Ability to use the computer and administrative office software is a plus. Training is provided for all volunteers.
***This Volunteer Opportunity is for task-oriented support at Us4Warriors Headquarter, 1690 W. Frontage Road, Suite 201, Chula Vista, CA. To sign-up for this event, please follow through with the next screen that leads to our Us4Warriors website sign-up.
Attire: Each volunteer receives a Warrior Volunteer Force T-shirt for use. Please wear closed-toed shoes and working clothes.
Physical: This opportunity comes with use of computers, phones, and administrative equipment.
Safety: Please do not attend project shifts if you have either been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days or as current CDC guidance refers https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html
- Energetic, flexible, and empathetic
- Be able to manage multiple demands, prioritize as needed with firm attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, to include assisting with client intake questions and scheduling appointments
- Proficient typing skills and use of basic, administrative computer software (especially, Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be able to function well independently and in a group or team setting
- Gain valuable non-profit experience
- Flexible volunteer schedule
- An opportunity to refine current capabilities and learn new adaptable skills
- Become immersed in an innovative environment with evolving solutions to program fulfillment
- Support activities, projects, and tasks that fulfill a mission supporting thousands
- Learn more about Us4Warriors and other programs and services supporting the mission
- Become a member of the Warrior Volunteer Force. You'll already have the t-shirt!
Us4Warriors is 501(c)3 non-profit charity dedicated to support military, veterans, and their families. We support warriors, past and present, by helping them live for a stronger life, prosper for a brighter future, and reach a point of self-reliance that allows them to aspire for their dreams. Learn more at http://www.Us4Warriors.org.
~Us4Warriors was a 2016 County of San Diego Veterans Allegiance Award recipient (Non-Profit of the Year) and noted on the 2020 U.S. Congressional Sub-Committee on Veterans Hunger as an organization making a difference. Us4Warriors has consistently earned Guidestar's Gold Seal of Transparency, is a proud member of the San Diego Veterans Coalition and listed on 211SanDiego.org.
Everything we do supports the troops, veterans, and their families! We are Us4Warriors!
About Us for Warriors Foundation
1690 W. Frontage Road, Suite 201, Chula Vista, CA 91911, US
Everything we do is in support of veterans and their families. That simple statement is clear and concise, but full of energy, excitement, hard work, determination and results when applied to the fullest extent that it can be. We believe our service and proven commitment to others every day gives those simple, eleven words the most effective and resourceful meaning in service to others. Everything we do is in support of veterans and their families.
Us for Warriors Foundation or "Us4Warriors" is a California Public Benefit Corporation whose primary objectives and purposes are to promote the social welfare of the veterans community; sponsor or participate in activities of a patriotic nature; conduct public programs and events for educational and charitable purposes to support the veteran community; and assemble in pursuit of raising fund to make distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code for the benefit of veterans and stakeholders in services to veterans.
1690 W. Frontage RoadSuite 201Chula Vista, CA 91911
September 22, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Public Relations
- Data Entry
- Capacity Planning
- Duties to be conducted on-site at Us4Warriors Headquarters.
- Computer and writing skills with good coordination and communications abilities.