3 people are interested
Assistant Public Affairs Officer
3 people are interested
The assistant Public Affairs Officer is an officer of the Civil Air Patrol who is responsible for communicating information about the Civil Air Patrol to the media, the public, and to members of the Civil Air Patrol.
The duties of the Public Affairs Officer include the following:
- Work with the commander on all public affairs matters.
- Help Implement and manage the Public Affairs Program.
- Conduct an internal information program.
- Conduct an external information program, including media and community relations.
- Ensure National Headquarters’ and Colorado Wing public affairs objectives are met.
- Assist unit public affairs activities.
About Civil Air Patrol - Black Sheep Senior Squadron
7355 S Peoria St 204, Englewood, CO 80112, US
Volunteers Serving America’s Communities, Saving Lives, and Shaping Futures
The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force. Consisting of nearly 59,000 volunteer members, CAP serves the nation and local communities through Aerospace Education, Cadet Programs, and Emergency Services. Born in the days just prior to World War II, CAP now flies the world’s largest fleet of Cessna aircraft and conducts 85 percent of the inland search & rescue missions for the Air Force. CAP volunteers and aircraft also actively support local, state, and federal agencies in disaster relief and response.
Based out of Centennial Airport, the Black Sheep Senior Squadron (CO-162) of the Colorado Wing is one of the largest senior squadrons in Colorado. We offer diverse opportunities for pilots and non-pilots alike who are passionate self-starters looking for volunteer opportunities to serve. The national web site for Civil Air Patrol (gocivilairpatrol.com) describes in more detail who we are and what we do to execute our mission.
Adults are welcome to visit our biweekly squadron meetings held on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays,1900 - 2100 hours, at South Metro Fire and Rescue ( 9195 East Mineral Ave., Centennial, CO).
7355 South Peoria StreetEnglewood, CO 80112
August 19, 2021
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Up to you, but 5-10 hours per month typical
- You'll be required to join Civil Air Patrol and become a CAP officer. This provides many other exciting opportunities in addition to this position that may be of interest in the areas of Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Programs.