Social Media Manager
YNPNdc's Social Media Managers are responsible for overseeing YNPNdc’s social media strategy, including managing social media posts that promote YNPNdc’s brand, events, and resources and engage with the Greater Washington nonprofit community. This position will report to the Director of Communications and will be part of the Communications Committee.
● Manage and oversee Twitter and LinkedIn social media content (including the YNPNdc LinkedIn Group)
● Work closely with Facebook and Instagram social media manager, as well as the Communications Director to develop and implement a social media strategy
● Collaborate across committees to share relevant resources, events, and programs
● Communicate with YNPNdc members, nonprofit professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
● Monitor social media analytics and make recommendations to increase engagement
● Provide graphic design support as needed
● Generate quarterly social media report for the Communications Committee
● Ensure all social media posts follow best practice
● Interested in the non-profit field and YNPNdc’s mission and vision.
● Strong writing and editing skills.
● Strong ability to focus, listen deeply, and create space for open conversation and learning.
● Commitment to personal and professional growth.
● Ability to dedicate time to the position and organization (5-10 hours per month).
About YOUNG NONPROFIT PROFESSIONALS NETWORK OF WASHINGTON DC
1666 K ST NW STE 440, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
YNPNdc strengthens the greater Washington nonprofit sector by activating, engaging, and championing emerging nonprofit professionals and connecting them with resources, ideas, and each other.
YNPNdc is an independent, volunteer-led organization, affiliated with the National Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN), which includes chapters in more than 40 cities. We bring young professionals together through networking, professional development events, providing mentoring opportunities, and convene the sector. We envision a community of inspired professionals equipped to lead a diverse and evolving nonprofit sector in Greater Washington and beyond. YNPNdc members are inspired professionals who are interested in strengthening the greater Washington nonprofit sector through networking, professional development, and advocacy. Learn more about becoming a member!
Washington DC Metro AreaWashington, DC 20006
August 16, 2021