Content Marketing (VOLUNTEER)
Position Content Marketing Manager, Team Lead
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development - improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service - and have the time, skills and know-how to match - we want you as a School Group volunteer.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of direct reports and coordinating with other marketing team leaders, while developing, curating and distributing compelling and relevant content to help meet organizational goals for online traffic, subscribers, development, advocacy and fundraising.
· Planning, developing, implementing and coordinating the day-to-day content plan for our website, blog,
social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), email campaigns, blog, email
campaigns, printed marketing and communication materials and other channels.
· Managing workflow and projects for all content activities, projects and initiatives.
· Set and implement editorial and social media calendars to align with marketing strategies, news,
development, events and other organization activities.
· Defining brand tone and voice and maintaining quality standards across channels.
· Build and manage influencer relationships and content partnerships.
· Ideating and executing contests and giveaways.
· Preparing monthly reports on content performance
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
· Minimum 3-5 years of content management experience in a nonprofit or corporate setting.
· Skillful, self-starting manager who can work independently and within a team setting.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
· Strong writing, interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills.
· Ability to successfully interface with senior-level internal stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
· Experience working remotely as part of a team.
· Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
· Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving
education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally.
Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive
~~~ In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award
(PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
~~~ School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase
outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 16, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Content Management Systems
- min 30 hours a week