DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Have you been looking for a volunteer position where you can have a huge impact on youth in your community? New England Sci-Tech (NEST) is a non-profit STEM+ education center and makerspace dedicated to project-based, hands-on learning for youth and families across the New England community. https://nescitech.org/
NEST is seeking candidates for the volunteer position of a Grant Writer. This position is unpaid. The candidate will be responsible for grant seeking and writing.
Required time commitment: 1 day per week, but flexible hours
Location: Candidate preferably should be located within a commutable distance of Natick, MA, USA, or work remotely from anywhere in the New England region.
- Research and recommend potential grant funding sources and opportunities to the NEST board of directors (board).
- Work with the board to prioritize which grant opportunities to pursue.
- Work with the board and leadership team to identify programs and projects for funding. Assure legal and contractual compliance with grant requirements.
- Prepare and edit program narratives describing each proposed project, goals and objectives, and alignment with the purpose and deliverables outlined in the grant solicitation.
- Prepare all supporting documentation and attachments required for submission as part of each grant application. Submit all grant applications on behalf of NEST.
- Maintain office logins to grant seeking, grant submission, and grant management systems.
- Track all progress and activity details for each funding request and report out to the board.
- Upon the receipt of a grant award, work with the board to complete award acceptance requirements.
- Respond to program staff, project partners, and funding agencies with corresponding information to demonstrate the organization’s performance for the awards.
- Maintain a master funding grants calendar outlining the full cycle of the funding period.
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of standards for grant compliance.
- Attend NEST leadership team meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in administration or writing with at least one year of experience in grant writing.
- Understand and have competency in nonprofit fundraising.
- Familiar with charitable solicitation in MA and have some familiarity about requirements in other states.
- Demonstrated skill in writing, speaking, interpersonal communication, data analysis, and teamwork.
- Understand financial/bookkeeping requirements in support of proposals.
- Has an interest in STEM and non-profit organizations.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About NEW ENGLAND SCI-TECH INC
16 TECH CIR STE 101, NATICK, MA 01760, US
New England Sci-Tech is a non-profit STEM+ education center and makerspace dedicated to project-based, hands-on learning for youth and families across the New England community.
- Classes and workshops in electronics, space science, ham radio, astronomy, robotics, photography, coding, computers, Arduinos, game theory, 3D design, spooky music, wearable technology, telescope making, edible 3D, Cubes-in-SpaceTM, kite making, quadcopters, battle-bots, and more.
- License classes in amateur radio.
- FCC radio examinations.
- Maker lab space.
- Summer and after-school programs.
- Public astronomy nights.
- Introducing youth to amateur radio as a hobby and the ultimate STEM science.
- Educational support for the home school community or schools wanting STEM+ enrichment.
- Tutoring in math, science, Latin, English.
- Qualifying activities for scout merit badges.
- Meeting space for local amateur radio clubs.
- Space for amateur radio contesting events.
- Gathering space for MAGIC card players.
- Science Fair support.
- See calendar of upcoming courses and events.
16 Tech CircleNatick, MA 01760
August 16, 2021
- Financial Literacy
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 1 day per week, but flexible hours