Pack meals for older adults in your community! (on-call basis)
Help brighten someone’s day with a meal! Meals on Wheels volunteers are needed to help pack and prepare meals for delivery to older adults and people with limited mobility in the Saint Paul area. Your help is needed Monday mornings, Thursday mornings, or on an on-call basis.
During the pandemic, Meals on Wheels shifted to delivering frozen meals to most participants on a weekly basis. Volunteers come to the Healthy Aging and Caregiver Services site to help pack meals for each participant, so participants can continue to receive these nutritious meals. After you pack them, volunteer drivers get these meals directly out into the hands of older adults who need them. You can have a big impact! Join us today.
- Wednesdays: 1 weekly packer volunteer (9am-10:30am)
- "On Call"/Substitute Packers (high need!): Seeking substitute packers to call on for last-minute volunteer needs. Responsibilities are the same as for ongoing packing volunteers, but you’ll serve on an on-call basis.
09:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Weekly shifts on Wednesdays, or you can serve on an on-call basis. Minimum 3-month commitment.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
451 Lexington Parkway North, Saint Paul, MN 55104, US
To promote the social welfare of persons resident or located in the greater Saint Paul metropolitan area by all appropriate means, including:
• relief of the poor
• care of the sick and aged
• care and nurture of children
• aid of the disadvantaged and otherwise needy
• promotion of physical and mental health
• support of rehabilitation and corrections
• provision of needed housing and social services
• operation of residences and facilities for the aged, the infirm and those requiring special care
and in general the conservation of human resources by the provision of human services responsive to the welfare needs of the community, all without regard to, or discrimination on account of, nationality, sex, color, religious scruples or prejudices.
The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation is a nonprofit health and human services organization that has served the greater Saint Paul, MN area since 1906. Wilder is not a grant-making foundation, but a public charity as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Foundation operates more than 70 programs and services that help children succeed in school, older adults remain independent, troubled youth create healthy futures, and individuals and families maintain long-term housing. Wilder leadership programs work to nurture and build the skills of emerging community leaders and to renew the energy and commitment of experienced leaders. Wilder Research is one of the nation's largest nonprofit research and evaluation centers dedicated to the field of human services.
941 Lafond AveSt. Paul, MN 55104
September 14, 2021
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly shifts on Mondays or Thursdays, or you can serve on an on-call basis