Director of Recruitment at Code for San Jose
About Code for San Jose:
Code for San Jose is an all-volunteer organization. We are a chapter of Code for America.
As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology. We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience research, and community partnerships.
Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
We have over 30 active volunteers with over 8 active projects. Our leadership team consists of 9 other directors, 2 executive directors and 6 project leaders.
As a group, we meet every other Thursday at 6:30 PM PST to sync up and work on projects.
About the Role:
Director of Recruitment’s Goals:
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new volunteers
- Retain new members by providing a smooth onboarding process and keeping them engaged
Director of Recruitment’s Responsibilities:
- Foster relationships with external partners
- Bootcamps, universities, professional associations etc.
- Develop and host general onboarding
- Follow up with new members
- Keep up-to-date with all projects
- Know what skills we’re looking for
- Know where to point new members based on their interests/skills
How to get started:
- Please join our Slack organization using this link: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
- After you join Slack, someone from the CFSJ leadership team will connect with you via Slack about how to get started and what your next steps are.
Find more information about CFSJ:
- Our website: https://www.codeforsanjose.org
About Code for America
155 9TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Code for America helps governments work better for everyone with the people and the power of the web. Through our Fellowship , Accelerator , and Brigade , we're building a network of cities, citizens, community groups, and startups, all equally committed to reimagining government for the 21st century.
Code for America is a new non-profit, and a new kind of organization. Our team is made up of web geeks, city experts, and technology industry leaders. We are building a network of civic leaders and organizations who believe there is a better way of doing things and want to make a difference.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 2-5 hrs/week for 1 year