Partnership Developer Manager
About Code for San Jose:
- Code for San Jose (CFSJ) is an all-volunteer powered organization.
- We are a chapter of Code for America.
- As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology in San Jose, Silicon Valley, and across the country.
- You do not have to be located in San Jose, California in order to volunteer with us.
- We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience design/research, and community partnerships.
- Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
- We have over 100 active volunteers with over 13 active projects.
- Our leadership team consists of 13 other directors and 18 project leaders.
- All of our events are posted on meetup.
About this Specific Opportunity:
- Role title
- Partnership Development Manager
- Estimated time commitment
- 2-5 hrs/week for 6 months
- This role’s goal
- Code for San Jose amplifies great community initiatives by providing pro-bono technology and design support. In order to make an impact, Code for San Jose has to find worthy causes and great community organizations to partner with.
The goal of this role is to discover, initiate, and growth partnership relations with organizations external to Code for San Jose.
- This role’s responsibilities
- Management: Briefly inform the CFSJ executive team of project status every 2 weeks, Partner Management: Communicate updates effectively to external partners, Partner Management: Coordinate sync up meetings with external partners, Partner Management: Strategically establish and build partner relationships, Community Outreach: Connect with community members who may be interested in our project, Community Outreach: Research how we can improve our products to better serve our communities
How to get started:
- Please join our Slack organization using this link: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
- After you join Slack, someone from the CFSJ leadership team will connect with you via Slack about how to get started and what your next steps are.
Find more information about CFSJ:
- Our website: https://www.codeforsanjose.org
- Our meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/code-for-san-jose
About Code for America
155 9TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Code for America helps governments work better for everyone with the people and the power of the web. Through our Fellowship , Accelerator , and Brigade , we're building a network of cities, citizens, community groups, and startups, all equally committed to reimagining government for the 21st century.
Code for America is a new non-profit, and a new kind of organization. Our team is made up of web geeks, city experts, and technology industry leaders. We are building a network of civic leaders and organizations who believe there is a better way of doing things and want to make a difference.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Internet Research
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 2-5 hrs/week for 6 months