Event IT Coordinator at Code for San Jose
About Code for San Jose:
- Code for San Jose (CFSJ) is an all-volunteer powered organization.
- We are a chapter of Code for America.
- As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology in San Jose, Silicon Valley, and across the country.
- You do not have to be located in San Jose, California in order to volunteer with us.
- We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience design/research, and community partnerships.
- Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
- We have over 100 active volunteers with over 13 active projects.
- Our leadership team consists of 13 other directors and 18 project leaders.
- All of our events are posted on meetup.
About this Specific Opportunity:
- Role title
- Event IT Coordinator
- Estimated time commitment
- 2-4 hrs/week
- This role’s goal
- As Code for San Jose wants to put on more community events in person (post-pandemic), we will need help setting up the IT for each event. Your goal in this role is to ensure we can facilitate both in-person and hybrid event participation. We want Code for San Jose events to be a great experience for all.
- This role’s responsibilities
- IT: Setup and manage zoom calls and breakout rooms, IT: Setup speaker microphones and cameras for optimal virtual viewing, IT: Setup HDMI and airplay connections between laptops and devices to larger screens like TVs or projectors, IT: Setup speakers so that in-person attendees and hear virtual participants
How to get started:
- Please join our Slack organization using this link: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
- After you join Slack, someone from the CFSJ leadership team will connect with you via Slack about how to get started and what your next steps are.
Find more information about CFSJ:
- Our website: https://www.codeforsanjose.org
- Our meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/code-for-san-jose
About Code for America
155 9TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Code for America helps governments work better for everyone with the people and the power of the web. Through our Fellowship , Accelerator , and Brigade , we're building a network of cities, citizens, community groups, and startups, all equally committed to reimagining government for the 21st century.
Code for America is a new non-profit, and a new kind of organization. Our team is made up of web geeks, city experts, and technology industry leaders. We are building a network of civic leaders and organizations who believe there is a better way of doing things and want to make a difference.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- 2-4 hrs/week for 3 months