Resident Volunteer Facilities Support
We seek someone to work closely with our Facilities Supervisor. Warm-weather tasks include gardening, lawn and trail maintenance, and tree husbandry, as well as projects like window washing. Work during the winter months includes snow removal. Year around we keep the systems running and buildings in good repair. Maintenance and landscaping experience is preferred (though not required), but you must be able to do physical labor in variable weather condition. In exchange for up to 8 hours of work a day, you receive:
- A free private bedroom with shared bath
- Three delicious, vegetarian meals a day from our gourmet farm-to-table kitchen
- Daily community practice through our morning salutation and meditation program
- Twice weekly group instruction and practice through our Sunday and Tuesday mediation programs
- Unparalleled access to our teachers
- Free attendance at most Dharmakaya-produced programs, schedule permitting
You must commit to a minimum stay of three months.
About DHARMAKAYA CENTER FOR WELLBEING INC
191 CRAGSMOOR RD, PINE BUSH, NY 12566, US
The Dharmakaya Center for Wellbeing sits at the intersection of ancient wisdom and contemporary wellbeing. Grounded in Buddhist traditions, we focus on an integrated practice involving both the mind and the body. Physical wellbeing creates a positive environment for mental health; mental wellbeing produces a sense of equanimity that is the foundation for physical health. Our mission is to provide a wide range of practices drawn from ancient wisdom, for all levels of interest, in order to cultivate physical and emotional wellbeing in the greatest number of people.
The Dharmakaya Center is a meditation retreat center, situated on a 90-acre campus in the Hudson Valley of New York. The Center was founded by Trungram Gyalwa Rinpoche, PhD in order to share ancient Buddhist teachings in ways that are responsive to a 21st Century way of life. The Center opened in 2017.
An intimate space, we serve approximately 10-25 retreatants at a time. We offer personal retreats, as well as a range of programs lasting from one weekend to three weeks. Our five teaching tracks are:
* Buddhist Studies
* Meditation & Spirituality
* Yoga & Movement
* Art & Culture
* Health & Nutrition
191 Cragsmoor RoadCragsmoor, NY 12420
August 15, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Problem Solving
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- The time commitment varies depending on what is happening at the Center, but we expect up to 40 hours a week of work.
- We seek volunteers who are professional and committed to providing exemplary service. Every interaction you have with retreatants, teachers and colleagues impacts the overall Dharmakaya experience—including yours.