German Speaking Fundraiser
PROJECT-E is seeking highly motivated students, graduates, and professionals who are interested in contributing to an INGO focused on women’s empowerment through education.
We require Web-based Fundraising volunteers to work remotely from the location of their choosing, as part of PROJECT-E Team International’s Fundraising department.
Who we are:
We are Women-focused and Education- dedicated. We are all students and professionals working voluntarily in our free time to empower women through education.
We want to make an impact - a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals but the entire society. Higher education is the key to economic development and ultimately the escape from poverty - that is what we have dedicated ourselves to.
On top of our mission, we make sure that while supporting PROJECT-E's mission our volunteers also develop key skills in leadership, project management, and determination by being part of a highly motivated, supportive, and dedicated international team.
What you will do:
As a member of Team International you will join the Fundraising Department. Working hand in hand with your team you will:
- Research for suitable foundation and donor schemes .
- Completing and responding to German fundraising applications, as well as proofreading applications in both German and English.
- Organization of private donation strategies and fundraising events .
- Application writing, communication with donors, and drafting of progress reports .
- Coordination with PROJECT-E Team International departments and Team Ethiopia.
- Have fun and learn a lot from your team!
Working as one global team is key to the success of our mission. On top of your Fundraising tasks, we might offer you the opportunity to support other teams in the organisation to achieve specific punctual goals.
What we are looking for:
- Fluent in German with good writing skills, as well as strong English skills.
- Fundraising/Sales experience.
- Experience in the INGO sector (desired, but not essential).
- A proactive and independent working style.
- Strong communication skills, with the confidence to talk to people over the phone or approach contacts via email/LinkedIn.
- The ability to collaborate with an international team spread across the globe.
- Personal alignment with PROJECT-E’s mission and values.
- Interest in long-term engagement with PROJECT-E and the ability to commit 5-10 hours per week .
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexible availability (desired, but not essential)
- A high level of responsibility and independence.
- The possibility of making a substantial difference in the life of 100 women per year and the opportunity to give our project your personal touch .
- An inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team.
- Practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation .
- The option of going to Addis Ababa and working on the project on the ground .
- Bi-annual meet-up opportunities and a chance to connect with other like-minded professionals.
- Bi-annual strategy weekends to connect with other like-minded professionals
C/O: Moritz Kolbe, Guido-Schmitt-Weg 3,, Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg 69126, DE
We want to make an impact - a lasting one. Empowering Ethiopian women through education doesn’t only help those individuals but the entire society. Higher education as key to economic development and ultimately the escape from poverty - that is what we have dedicated ourselves to. Increasing the skill and knowledge level of women is our ultimate goal in order to enable them to live an independent and self-determined life. Besides this project goal in Ethiopia, the PROJECT-E team in Europe has its agenda as well: Empowering others to empower ourselves. We are all students and young professionals working voluntarily in our free time for this goal - we all share great responsibility in young years which allows us to develop our skills in leadership, project management and determination. Hopefully, we can continue motivate young people from all kinds of background to get involved - there is no better way of challenging yourself and investing in your personal development.
PROJECT-E is a non-profit organization originally established in Germany and registered as an international NGO in Ethiopia. Our mission is to provide vocational training as a tool to fight poverty, benefitting young Ethiopian women who are in financial, social or psychological need and do not have access to education. We believe that education is one of the most important foundations to escape poverty. Therefore, PROJECT-E empowers young Ethiopian women to develop their full potential by providing free high-quality training through full sponsorships, leading to a new generation of self-confident and independent women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2021
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Volunteers will need to be able to commit at least 5-10 hours a week.