We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
FARMS FOR LIFE has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
9 people are interested
Resource Chair, Board Member
ORGANIZATION: FARMS FOR LIFE
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Join our Board of Directors! Farms for Life is a small local nonprofit organization that raises funds to support local farmers by purchasing their surplus produce and donating the fresh produce to community agencies that serve people in need of healthy food. Farms for Life is mostly all volunteer run by it's board of directors so our board chairs each have roles and contribute to the work and mission of FFL.
We are looking for a committed individual who is passionate about food access, food equity, local farming, or similar related fields. If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and a brief introduction to lilypfarmsforlife.org
Volunteer Board of Directors Position Description
Board Chair: Resources
The Resources Chair position is an important part of the ongoing financial stability and program operations of Farms for Life. The resources chair strives to receive funding from different organizations and individuals by researching, drafting, and submitting grant proposals. Responsible for discovering grant opportunities and building and maintaining relationships with funders, donors, and others within the community.Preferred Qualifications
- Grant writing experience (or similar nonprofit experience)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technology: Google email, Google Drive (or ability to learn)
- Organized and detail oriented - ability to prioritize tasks and timelines
The main duties of this role/committee include but are not limited to:
- Attends monthly board meetings
- Submits annual grants budget and participates in long range strategic planning
- Research and apply for appropriate grants
- Write letters of inquiry
- Maintain grants tracking spreadsheet and all related files in google team drive
- Write thank you letters
- Write end-of-season reports and participate in annual impact report
- Foster relationships with grantors
- Collaborate with Communications Chair to write newsletter articles (specific to grant communications)
- Collaborate with Fundraising chair to develop annual planning and fundraising goals
- Keep the board informed about grant activities
The work I do in support of Farms for Life outside my role or committee is:
- Monitors financial planning and reports
- Volunteers for short term committee positions or projects as needed (1-2 per year)
- Tabling/Outreach (volunteering to support tabling/outreach events)
- Event promotion (via social media, etc)
Average Monthly Volunteer Hours: 6-20*
Minimum Commitment: 1 year (see Board Member Commitment document)
* The number of hours vary depending on the time of year. Several grants and reports are due at the end of the year which requires more time.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FARMS FOR LIFE
PO BOX 1034, WOODINVILLE, WA 98072, US
Farms for Life ensures the viability of local sustainable farms and provides fresh produce to members of our community who are underserved.
Farms for Life plays an important role in supporting local farmers and connecting local, farm fresh produce to people in need of healthy food. FFL began in 2009 by a local Woodinville farmer who hated leaving unsold produce in the fields to be tilled in and decided to ask her customers and CSA members if they would help come up with an idea to both support small local farmers and to feed the community in need of fresh food. Farms for Life was created as a non-profit in 2010, and in 2020 we purchased over 22,000 pounds of produce! We strive to constantly grow and support more farmers and donate more produce each year! Read more about our history here: https://www.farmsforlife.org/about-us
How we work: We raise funds to purchase surplus produce from our farm partners and donate the fresh produce to community agencies, both in the Snohomish and King County areas. The community agencies that we partner with serve populations who otherwise might not have access to fresh produce. They in turn either distribute the fresh produce to their clients farmers market style, or prepare healthy meals for their clients. See all of our current farm and agency partners at FarmsforLife.org!
Thank you for your interest in getting involved and supporting our work. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
PO Box 1034Woodinville, WA 98072
April 15, 2022
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- 6-20 hours per month
- See position description and board commitment - 1 year commitment required.