11 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Young Mothers, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Young Mothers, Inc. is all about building our community of mothers we serve. We are in need of 2-3 advocates to connect with young mothers struggling with day to-day needs and need emergency assistance.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, develop goals based on client's needs and maintain accurate and comprehensive notes in Young Mothers, Inc. client database.
- Assist clients in identifying their strengths, and motivate to reach their goals.
- Works closely with Programs Team to create developmental action plans to improve the customer experience in and out of center.
- Creates a collaborative environment in which advocates and staff, at all levels of the organization, are encouraged to voice ideas and concerns.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with individuals at multiple levels throughout Young Mothers, Inc.
- Complete a minimum of 10 phone counseling/referral hours per week. Minimum of 40 phone counseling/referral hours per month.
- Complete phone counseling/referral hours per week and month.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by funding and state regulations.
- Attend and participate in program and agency meetings and up-trainings.
- Keep accurate statistical data and reporting systems up to date. Monitor effectiveness of services for clients and advocate for or assist in the development of new services as needed.
- Assume other duties as delegated by supervisors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Must be comfortable measuring and reporting on each client's progress
- Function with the core values of Integrity, Stewardship, Spirituality, Imagination, Respect,
- Excellence and Compassion.
Desired Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, communication or related field. OR
Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer.
- Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 25, 2022
- Conflict Resolution
- Must be at least 21
- 4-6 hours a week