2 people are interested
Memory Care Counselor
2 people are interested
Schedule: Part time - flexible day time hours
Type: Remote/online, independent contractor
Job Description: As a SHARE Counselor, your primary purpose will be to fulfill the mission of Gloria’s
Way which is to simplify the lives of dementia caregivers by offering manageable, time efficient and
user-friendly tools and support for every phase of the dementia care journey.
SHARE (Support, Health, Activities, Resources, and Education), developed by Benjamin Rose Institute, is
an innovative evidence-based program that is designed to utilize technology to engage both a person
with early-stage dementia and their care partner in discussions about symptoms, communication, care
values and preferences, healthy activities, and planning for the future. Using a specially designed iPad
app, SHARE Counselors guide program participants through five sessions, plus an optional family
session, to outline a care plan for their family to follow as the person with early-stage dementia
SHARE Counselors participate in an interactive online training course, complete with videos to
demonstrate techniques, exercises to solidify knowledge and real case examples to highlight concepts.
They also have access to SHARE Counselor Coaching to enhance their training, and both counselors and
families receive written manuals for ongoing reference.
* Participate in training sessions to learn the process for administering the SHARE program
* Help patients make informed decisions
* Coordinate and run SHARE sessions with each family to ensure participation in the 5 sessions
* Keep log of session notes
* Meet with Program director bi-weekly to discuss program notes
* Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
● 2 or more years’ experience working with individuals with dementia is required
● Experience working directly with clients
● Ability and willingness to travel locally to meet with families when needed.
● Must have a valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicles, good driving record and
proof of automobile insurance.
● Proficient with apple products
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GLORIAS WAY
2685 ENDICOTT RD, SHAKER HTS, OH 44120, US
Gloria's Way is a neighborhood nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, that aims to sustain and enrich the lives of residents and their families living in the Cleveland area who are affected by Dementia or Alzheimer's. Our sole purpose is to provide those affected, the resources to age gracefully and comfortably, in their community and in their home.
Gloria's Way works with local businesses in the Eastern suburbs of Cleveland to provide education, wellness, and all levels of support to families affected. No need to travel outside of community for caregiver seminars, respite care, financial & healthcare assistance, wellness classes, or to meet like minded individuals & families - we've got you covered; and in the comfort of your own community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2021
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Critical Thinking
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Part time - flexible day time hours