2 people are interested
AmeriCorps Member-The Open Door Pantry
ORGANIZATION: The Open Door
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Must complete an official application here: https://americorps.equalheart.org/hiring.html
****Applicants Must select The Open Door Mobile Pantry Specialist when applying****
The Open Door is a hunger relief organization dedicated to ending local hunger through access to healthy food. Through its collective programs, The Open Door serves more than 14,000 Dakota County residents each month. Clients are able to access healthy food choices through a fixed-site food pantry in Eagan and multiple Mobile Pantry sites.
The Open Door is seeking to bring on four AmeriCorps members. Two to provide support to our food pantry staff in Eagan, MN. And two AmeriCorps members to support our Mobile Pantry in Apple Valley, which will require transporting yourself between several sites.
* Assist staff and volunteers in providing clients with healthy, perishable and nonperishable foods
* Stock shelves and sort through incoming donations
* Pack food for our curbside orders
* Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and volunteers
* Be a resource in answering client questions
* Work on computer based projects as available
* Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Be able to work in both hot/cold environments
* Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
* Able to handle frequent interruptions
* Available for the entire duration of the program (Sept 6th, 2022 to May 26th, 2023)
Successful candidates should be:
- Able to lift
- Interested in making a difference in the community
Great opportunity for students taking night classes or recent college graduates looking for experience in the non-profit sector.
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national community service program allowing individuals to give back to their community and get paid for it!
AmeriCorps is available to all, without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, creed, or veteran status.
****Applicants Must select The Open Door Food Pantry Specialist when applying****
About The Open Door
3910 RAHN RD, EAGAN, MN 55122, US
A fresh approach to ending local hunger through access to healthy food.
The Open Door is a hunger relief organization dedicated to ending local hunger through access to healthy food. Through its collective programs, The Open Door serves more than 7,000 Dakota County residents each month, and distributes over 1 million pounds of food annually, 70% of which is fresh and/or perishable. Clients are able to access healthy food choices through a fixed-site food pantry in Eagan, multiple Mobile Pantry sites, the Mobile Lunch Box, and the Garden To Table program.
3910 Rahn RoadEagan, MN 55122
August 1, 2022
- Must be at least 17
- September 6th, 2022-May 26th 2023