The Open Door Mobile Pantry Specialist
Must complete an official application here: www.equalheart.org/jobs
****Applicants Must select The Open Door Mobile Pantry Specialist when applying****
The Open Door is seeking an AmeriCorps member to serve in a direct service role and provide support to our Mobile Pantry staff in Apple Valley, MN. This role is crucial to our operations and supporting our mission of ending local hunger through access to healthy food.
- Collect sort and inspect incoming food from grocery store partners
- Load busses, trucks, and vans with food to be distributed at a variety of locations
- Assist at large community food distribution events
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and volunteers
- Provide direction and leadership to volunteers
- Be a resource in answering client questions
- Must be available September 7, 2021 through April 2,2022
- Must be able to able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be able to work in both hot/cold environments
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Able to handle frequent interruptions
- Available for the entire duration of the program
- 17 years old or older by program start date
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Commitment to serving the community!
- $8,100 Total Living Allowance
- $3,097.50 Education Award, distributed after successful completion of the program and can be used for existing student loans or future education expenses like tuition and books
- Experience in the service sector
Successful candidates should be:
- Able to lift
- Interested in making a difference in the community
Great opportunity for students taking night classes or recent college graduates looking for experience in the non-profit sector.
What is AmeriCorps?
AmeriCorps is a national community service program allowing individuals to give back to their community and get paid for it!
AmeriCorps is available to all, without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, creed, or veteran status.
****Applicants Must select The Open Door Food Pantry Specialist when applying****
About The Open Door
3910 RAHN RD, EAGAN, MN 55122, US
A fresh approach to ending local hunger through access to healthy food.
The Open Door is a hunger relief organization dedicated to ending local hunger through access to healthy food. Through its collective programs, The Open Door serves more than 7,000 Dakota County residents each month, and distributes over 1 million pounds of food annually, 70% of which is fresh and/or perishable. Clients are able to access healthy food choices through a fixed-site food pantry in Eagan, multiple Mobile Pantry sites, the Mobile Lunch Box, and the Garden To Table program.
14757 Energy WayApple Valley, MN 55124
August 12, 2021
- Must be at least 17