Outreach Coordinator - AmeriCorps
Make a difference in the lives of others! The SBC AmeriCorps Partnership, a program of the United Way, is recruiting members for the 21-22 program year. The position involves working directly with veterans and people experiencing homelessness.
Agencies we partner with:
- Northern Santa Barbara County United Way
- Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services
- Channel Islands YMCA
- Santa Barbara County Probation Department
- Santa Barbara County Public Defenders
- Sanctuary Centers
- Good Samaritan Shelter
- Santa Barbara Response Network
- LAGS Recovery Center
- Housing Authority of Santa Barbara County
The agencies above focus on services dedicated to mental health, justice and legal involvement, shelter and housing, and meeting individuals' basic needs.
Members serve as a part of AmeriCorps which encompasses 75,000 members across the country each year. Members are assigned to one of a variety of non-profit and public agency partners for their term of service.
We are seeking compassionate individuals who are interested in making a difference. Candidates should have availability from now until August 31, 2022
We are holding interviews now.
Roles and Responsibilities of the member would include:
- Street outreach
- Enrolling homeless residents in the Homeless Management Information System
- Housing beneficiaries by utilizing community resources
- Assisting clients in accessing resources and benefits including Medi-Cal and Medicare, housing applications, food banks, mental health services, etc.
- Ability to transport clients is highly preferred (mileage is reimbursed)
Benefits of Service:
- $1425 Monthly stipend
- $10,000 Education award
- Professional Development
- Loan Forbearance
- Leadership Training
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Healthcare + Childcare for Full Time members
- Position Type: Full Time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $1,425.00 per month
Masks, gloves, and sanitary materials will be provided as needed.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About NORTHERN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY UNITED WAY INC
1660 S Broadway, # 101, SANTA MARIA, CA 93454, US
Improving people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
Since 1959, the Northern Santa Barbara County United Way has been working FOR IMPACT in the communities of Santa Barbara County. The name has changed over the years. We started as United Community Services Fund of Northern Santa Barbara County (a true mouthful!) in 1959. We became the United Way of the Central Coast in 1977, and Northern Santa Barbara County United Way in 2006. Our organization initially served its health and human services mission by fundraising and re-granting to local agencies. However, in 2000 the United Way of America, the National Federation of local United Ways, adopted an expanded definition of philanthropy as evidenced by its Mission Statement: Improving people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. As a result, the Northern Santa Barbara County United Way transitioned to a FOR IMPACT organizational focus and moved beyond fundraising. Today we organize community collaborations and respond to local needs by becoming a "partner in change". We are now working with a broad range of individuals and organizations in order to identify and resolve pressing community issues. We serve a community of approximately 450,000 people. These people have different needs, but we fight for every member of every community to improve health, education, and financial stability.
Multiple locations Santa Maria, CA 93454
August 12, 2021
- Data Entry
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Contracts are for a service year, starting on 9/7/21 and ending on 8/31/22. Full time members serve about 32 hours a week, half time members serve about 18 hours a week.
- Must be available for the entire service year!