1 person is interested
Exceptional Person? Become a Hospice Volunteer!
1 person is interested
Hospice volunteers are exceptionable people. They donate their time and efforts to provide care and comfort for someone with a life-limiting illness - a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. They have a passion for helping others and make a profound difference in the lives of the patients, families, and communities we are privileged to serve.
What various roles do Hospice Volunteers play?
- Office support for direct patient care- Create patient/family teaching material, mailings, filing, etc.
- In-person activities and companionship for patients- Reading, listening, watching favorite tv/movies, playing games, scrapbooking
- Yard work, pet care, respite for families, etc.
- Arts and crafts for patients or bereaved
- Community events- Bingo, Penny Auctions, Birthday parties, etc. at Assisted Living/Nursing Homes
- In-person, phone, or office support for the bereavement program
- Professional services- complementary alternative integrative health services- massage therapy, etc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alabama Hospice Care of Tuscaloosa
971 Fairfax Park, Suite A, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406, US
LHC Group was founded on a fundamental principle - it’s all about helping people. It continues to serve as our mission statement and guiding light as we nurture a unique company culture of family and community. Volunteers are a vital part of that culture. In each and every community we serve, we are dedicated to being more than just clinicians and support staff - we are friends, neighbors, and family. That’s our commitment to the people we serve, and it’s the standard every member of the LHC Group family - volunteer or otherwise - is dedicated to living up to each and every day.
LHC Group is a leading national provider of in-home healthcare services. We provide high-quality care to patients through our home health, hospice, home- and community-based services, and facility-based care.
LHC Group is the preferred in-home healthcare partner for almost 400 leading hospitals around the country. Working with our hospital and health system partners, we help seamlessly transition patients from the acute to the post-acute setting - bringing a patient-centered continuum of care to the communities we serve together, reducing avoidable readmissions, improving clinical outcomes, and enhancing operational performance.
Our company was founded in 1994 as a single home health agency in small-town America, with a mission to serve the neediest and most vulnerable members of the community. Those values and priorities still form the core of our company culture.
Our focus is on moving our industry forward. We encourage and nurture a culture of innovation, and we are determined to lead our industry and our peers in finding ways to adapt, overcome obstacles, and improve service in a healthcare system that is always changing. We will improve the quality of life in the United States by transforming the delivery of healthcare services.
We remain committed to providing high-quality service and driving the best industry practices at an individual and community level. Most importantly, our people at the local level are always empowered to make decisions that benefit their community.
971 Fairfax ParkSuite ATuscaloosa, AL 35406
September 15, 2021
- Elder care
- First Aid / CPR
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- You can choose your own schedule and participate in activities you enjoy and are passionate about; dedication to helping others with life-limiting illness.
- Drug Screen, TB Skin Test