DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Volunteer Title: Development Assistant
Location: 9915 Businesspark Avenue, Suite A, San Diego, CA 92131
Time Commitment: Flexible
Reports to: Development Manager
Dress Code: Business Casual
Description: Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with development, social media, event, and fundraising activities. Selected candidates work with the development team on assigned projects. Duties also include researching, reviewing social media analytics and other duties as assigned. Offers flexible hours.
- Work with the development team to assist with events including golf tournament, Champions for Youth and Stand up and Salute.
- Assist in securing auction items for upcoming events
- Assist with social media and the analytics of our platforms
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations promoting our programs and services
- Develop fliers and other promotional materials
- Demonstrate close attention to detail
- Interest in learning about development and fundraising
- Desire to serve junior enlisted Active-Duty service members, recently discharged Veterans and their families
- Prior experience in fundraising beneficial but not necessary
- Excellent persuasive writing and communication skills
- Ability to relate well with project stakeholders and advocate on their behalf
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Completion of STEP Volunteer Orientation
- Willingness to undergo a background screening
- At STEP, integrity is our biggest asset, and we ask the same of our volunteers. To protect the anonymity of our clients, you will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Gain experience and knowledge on the inner workings of fundraising
- Opportunity to control work schedule
- The knowledge that you are helping the Nation’s heroes, whether active duty or transitioning to civilian life!
Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our vision is to be a reliable, relevant, and responsive resource for our Southern California junior to mid-grade families during challenging times. STEP provides emergency financial assistance grants and gifts of in-kind goods to help relieve an unexpected financial hardship or crisis resulting in the qualified applicant’s inability to sustain crucial living expenses. Our volunteers are our most valued resource, and we look forward to receiving your volunteer application to help us in our mission to provide emergency financial and transition assistance grants to active duty and recently discharged enlisted military and their families .
About Support The Enlisted Project (STEP)
9915 Businesspark Ave, Suite A, SAN DIEGO, CA 92131, US
STEP assists junior active duty enlisted members and recently discharged enlisted veterans and their families in Southern California facing financial crisis achieve long term financial self-sufficiency through counseling, educations and grants to alleviate critical near term obligations.
Volunteers are implemented in every part of the nonprofit, and is vital to reach our mission of supporting these military families. We need consistent help with sorting donated items, as well as administrative and holiday program support.
9915 Businesspark AvenueSuite ASan Diego, CA 92131
August 11, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training