5 people are interested
Foster Team Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Description: Foster Team Volunteers serve the critical role of making sure fosters complete all the steps necessary in order for the animals in their care to become adoptable. You will work with fosters to ensure that each animal in a loving, temporary home is appropriately cared for by screened and approved fosters, and documented prior to their adoption. In return, you will experience the incredibly rewarding experience of helping to save the lives of over a thousand animals in need every year.
- Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager.
- Location and Schedule: Remote work. Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Foster Application Screening
- Interview prospective fosters and assess whether they would be a good match for Louie’s. The tasks for this role include
- Reviewing assigned foster applications for any "red flags" or "deal-breakers".
- For renters: verifying with a landlord or management company that pets are allowed, and confirming any pet restrictions.
- For pet owners: Checking a vet reference for resident pets.
- Review LLAR’s foster procedures and expectations with applicant - not limited to:
- Foster Do’s and Don'ts ◉ Transport pick-up/intake ◉ Quarantine rules ◉ Puppy protocols ◉ Foster timeline ◉ Bios & photos ◉ Adoptions
- Ensure the approved applicant has taken online foster training.
- Make sure all approved applicants have signed appropriate documentation.
- Log all foster information and screener notes in the Foster Database
- General Foster Team Operations
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of each available foster parent, their preferences, experience, expertise, and limitations.
- Reach out to each foster individually.
- Confirm placements with the volunteer Foster Coordinator and update the database.
- Posting pets "in need" in our private FB group and monitoring for willing fosters and volunteers.
- Work closely with the Adoption and Foster Manager, volunteer Coordinator, and peers.
- Respond to all emails, Facebook posts and Slack messages relating to foster placement.
- Posting in our private FB Group and monitoring the post for willing fosters who offer help.
- Communicate with the adoption, medical and bios volunteer teams when a foster is relocated.
- Evaluate the foster process and make suggestions for improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Extremely organized?
- Willing to gain a deep understanding of the fostering process?
- We prefer that you foster with our rescue.
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
- Familiar with Google Sheets, Slack, and/or other administrative and data entry systems?
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - Must be over 18 years old to volunteer. All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 14, 2022